"Hey, Ev! I didn't think you were coming."

I looked over at Jeremy, who was standing beside Tyler. "Well, I wasn't, but you know Caroline."

He laughed softly before climbing on the bed of the truck. He helped Matt unload two of the kegs. Tyler whistled to me and held up his hands. I tossed him one of the taps that were at my feet. He caught it easily and followed Matt and Jeremy.

"I thought you weren't swimming."

I looked at Caroline, who was standing beside the truck. She crossed her arms, resting them on the side of the bed. "I'm not."

"So the top is to what? Get your way."

"Yeah, pretty much. I've decided to stop using my wits and use my tits instead. It's way less work."

She laughed and tilted her head. "Can you use your wits for a minute and tap the keg?"

I nodded and turned toward the keg. I fixed the tap and then filled the empty cup she handed me.

"Me next!" Elena shoved her cup toward me.

I filled her cup and then handed it back to her. She smiled before taking a drink.

"Are you not drinking?"

I looked at Caroline. I remembered the last time I drank. I forced the smile to stay on my face. "Getting drunk really works against me."

She tilted her head, "Have a little fun, Ev. You're young, and you need to enjoy underage drinking while you still can."

I laughed and shook my head. "What?"

She pulled back and moved to the tailgate. She walked toward me. She put her hand on my shoulder. "You're scared to drink. Understandably. But nothing can happen to you. I'll be watching you the entire time. Promise."

I stared back at her. "Care-"

She shook my shoulder, "I won't force you to get in the water if you just drink a little."

I moved my hand to hers. "I-"

"I'll move the keg closer to the edge, and you can be the designated cup filler."

I pulled her hand off, feeling annoyed. But she won't stop until I agree. "Fine."

She dragged the keg to the tailgate. I walked to the tailgate and sat down, letting my legs dangle. Caroline filled a cup for me and handed it to me. She stayed until I drank the entire thing. She refilled it and then walked away. I stared at the beer in the cup, debating on just giving it to someone.

"Hey."

I looked up to see a guy I went to school with. I tilted my head, "Hey."

He held his cup out to me, "Fill me up?"

I filled his cup, and then he stepped back. Over the span of two hours, I was approached by the entire party. I felt slightly overwhelmed by the demand for beer. I filled every cup that came to me, and my own, a few times. The alcohol was getting to my head, making me giddier than I had intended to be.

There were at least eight hands holding out cups in front of me. I filled them as quickly as possible and accidentally spilled beer onto their hands and my thighs. The music got louder, and they all hollered and swarmed away.

I stopped giggling to take another drink. I pulled the cup away and turned it upside down, watching the last few drips fall into the grass. I looked up from the cup to see everyone close together and singing with each other. There were still people in the water splashing at each other. I looked back at my cup as I went to take another drink. I sighed, remembering the emptiness.