14

If only everyone could see the normal side of him and not the murderous side. He's funny and charming. Of course I would never tell him that. His ego is already big enough.

"So..." He looked up from the couch to my face. "What happens when you get a boyfriend?"

I lifted my head off the back of the couch, "Then we don't do things together anymore."

He tilted his head, "Seriously?"

I moved my legs to sit criss-cross. "Seriously. I'm not cheating on someone with you."

"You consider it cheating?"

"Yes! Sleeping with someone else while you're in a committed relationship is cheating."

"Just sleeping with them or..."

I moved my hands to my knees. "Kissing other people, doing sexual things with other people, hiding things you do with other people from your partner are all considered cheating."

"Okay," he sighed.

I looked behind him at the window. The sun was starting to set. "What time is it?" I looked at him.

He lifted his phone and turned it on. "5:20." He looked at me as he dropped his phone back on the couch. "Why?"

"I should go."

He shook his head, "No you really shouldn't."

I tried to fight the smile that spread across my lips. "They're probably looking for me." I put my hand on the back of the couch, "If I don't leave, I'll have to answer their stupid questions and then they'll find out about us." I started to stand up.

He grabbed my hips. I squealed as he pulled me onto his lap. I put my hands on his shoulders. He looked up at me. "Stay."

I moved my hands to his face. "I can't."

He rocked my hips forward. I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't say anything. "Yes, you can."

I moved my hands to his. "I have things I need to do."

He tilted his head, "Yeah, I know. I'm all of those things."

I pulled his hands off of me. "Kai-"

He interrupted me by raising up off the back of the couch and kissing me. He moved his hands to my waist, holding me firmly against him. I put my hands on his arms. He pulled back as I leaned in. I whimpered softly as he pulled away from the kiss. His lips were centimeters from mine. I kept my eyes closed.

"Stay," he whispered.

I moved my hand to the side of his face and opened my eyes. "It's a bad idea."

"Our whole thing is a bad idea." He looked at my lips, "At least this way we can't be caught."

"We could absolutely be caught. They can do a locator spell and they can track my phone."

"So, turn it off." His voice was low and demanding.

The voice in my head warning me to leave was becoming quieter every millisecond. But it never went silent. "I'm leaving before things get worse."

"Evelyn," He looked into my eyes. There was a desperate look on his face. I felt like if I were pulled away from him, I would collapse.

I tilted my head, "I hate you so much."

He smiled and kissed me. "I know."

...

Last night felt like the first time everything was clear and I actually knew what was happening around me. We stayed up talking, then we fell asleep. We slept next to each other, but we didn't touch each other. After getting dressed, I left. He begged me to stay, and I almost gave in.