I walked past all the closed doors, but my mothers harsh voice had me stopping in my tracks.

“He is such a fool! How could he be so reckless? He needs a new mate as soon as possible. If anyone asked, Laurence rejected him and went back to his homeland. The little girl is far too weak to erase everyone's memory, so we shall approach this logically.” She said, and I tried to peek in the room but was unable to see who the next person was.

“He’s gotten better with time, and his garden can come in handy at the right moment. We can not afford for him to suspect anything. That would only make it more painful for me.” I heard her say, and my eyebrows pulled inward.

What did she mean that it would be painful for her?

I  heard shuffling coming towards me, and I started to spin like a chicken who lost its head until I ran.

I ran all the way out of the castle grounds. It wasn't necessary, but I was already running, so what's the point in stopping just now.

When I made it to the training grounds ,where I spent most of my time making heart eyes at the 6 foot something strong, handsome alpha that I had been deeply in love with since I was 16.

Standing in my usual spot, people all around stared at me as if I were a shark in a fish tank. Getting a bit uncomfortable under their stares, I wrapped my arms around myself as I searched through the multitude of sweaty shirtless guys that scattered the field.

When my eyes landed on Eros, my lips stretched in a smile as I watched him and Cyro spar.

I remember the first time I laid eyes on him. He was probably 17 at the time, fewer muscles than he has now, but still confident as ever. I tried multiple times to say hi, but when he was near me, it felt as if the word was lodged in the back of my throat and was unable to come out.

When I turned 18 and found out that Laurence was my mate, I was devastated, deeply wounded at the fact that Eros wasn't mine, and on top of that, he started to avoid me.

Now, as much as I should be staying away from him, I didn't want to.

The boys made their way off the field, and Eros's eyes scanned the crowd of people. Then they landed on me, and my smile widened as his eyes lit up.

I waved him over, and he said something to his friend before making his way over to me.

His sweaty chest glistened underneath the sun. He took big and confident steps towards me with his shirt in one hand.

Once he was standing in front of me, he smiled, and I swear I swooned right there.

“Hey.” I finally managed to say the word that I've been dying to say for the longest time.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” He asked, slightly panting.

“I'm always here.”

“True, but why are you here today? Shouldn't you be taking it easy?”

“I'm fine. I wanted to see you.” I said, and it was the truth, I didn't bring up my mother.

“Of course you did.” He said cockily and the side of his mouth tugged up into a smirk.

“Do you want to come with me?” He suddenly asks, and I look at him.

“Where?”

“Home. Maybe you could meet my family, Erian would really love you.” He said even though I had no clue who Erian was.