"Interesting, you can use magic in physical clubs."

"There are rules though."

"I wonder what the punishment would be if someone broke these rules." Despite the school's seemingly relaxed attitude towards its students during class, it was made very clear that any unauthorised use of magic, outside of the duel function, would result in expulsion.

What would be the consequences if a club member broke the rules of his sport?

While I was pondering the school's rules, a petite girl began to give a speech.

"Thank you all for waiting, first-year students. We will now begin the club fair. A representative from each club will explain their function. My name is Tachibana, the student council secretary and the club fair's organizer. It's nice to meet you all."

After Tachibana delivered the opening remarks, representatives from each club quickly lined up on a stage. It was quite a diverse crowd. The club representatives included everything from burly athletes in judo uniforms to students dressed in beautiful kimonos.

"These facilities are significantly more substantial than ordinary schools. Look, they even have O2 chambers. The equipment here is so luxurious, it puts the professionals' stuff to shame." I observed.

"The more members a club has, the more money they receive from the school. That's how they're able to get better training equipment."

"It would be ideal to gather many new members as a budgetary increase, and then simply to bench them the rest of the time, like phantom members. If you were skilled at manipulation, that is."

"Well, don't you find that strange?" Horikita asked.

"The fact that they would use beginners to increase the budget?" Horikita nodded waiting for my observation.

"I do find it strange." I remarked. "Even though the school provides its students with an unbelievable amount of points, the seniors still resort to such underhanded methods."

"Hm." Horikita nodded in agreement. "That could mean two things: either the luxurious treatment doesn't extend that far, or perhaps the seniors save their points for more crucial matters"

Crucial matters, eh? Which reminds me, anything can be bought with points, are seniors abusing this rule? I thought to myself.

As I was lost in thought a girl dressed in archery gear stepped onto the stage. "Hello, my name is Hashigaki, the captain of the archery club. Many students may be under the impression that archery is an old-fashioned, simple activity, but it is actually a fun and rewarding sport. We welcome beginners with open arms. If you're interested, please consider joining."

"I thought you might like to join this club since you use the bow." Horikita suggested.

"I feel like I will be benched." I replied in a dejected tone.

Author note: Copy and paste you can skip.

As the seniors started introducing their clubs one by one, I noticed Horikita suddenly tense up. She looked at the stage, her face pale.

"What's the matter?"

She didn't even seem to notice me anymore. I followed her line of sight to the stage, but I didn't find anything of note there. Just the representative of the school baseball team, dressed in uniform, giving his introduction. Had she fallen in love with him at first sight? No, I doubted it. Surprise? Disgust? Or maybe she was overjoyed? To be honest, Horikita's expression was complex and hard to read.

"Horikita, what's the matter?"

"............"

It was like she couldn't hear my voice. She kept staring intently at the stage. I decided that I'd stop talking to her and simply wait for an explanation. The baseball team's introduction wasn't any more compelling than the others. All things considered, the greeting was rather stock, no matter their schedule, appeal, or how welcoming they were to newcomers.