02

𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

Man, being pregnant was no joke. It felt like a never-ending rollercoaster of morning sickness, cramps, weakness, and constant nausea. I couldn't even stomach a decent meal. My mom had already set up an appointment with a gynecologist, and she wouldn't stop pestering me to spill the beans to Jake about the pregnancy. And it had only been a day since I told her!

I paced back and forth in my room, trying to muster up the courage to tell Jake. We agreed to meet at a cafe, and I knew I had to break the news to him there. My heart was racing, and my mind was filled with worry. What would his reaction be? The anticipation was killing me.

I was lost in my own little world when suddenly my room door swung open, breaking my concentration. It was Ethan.

"What do you want? And there's something called knocking.." I snapped, annoyed at the intrusion. Ethan let out a sigh and casually sat on my bed, completely unfazed by my irritation.

"Sorry, I didn't know you needed privacy," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. I shot him a glare and replied, "Now you know, so you can just leave."

But before he could make his exit, he hesitated and said, "Wait, I need to talk." My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Ethan, who rarely ventured out of his room and hardly spoke to anyone, wanted to have a conversation with me? This was definitely unexpected.

"Go on," I said, my hands on my hips. "I guess you've been noticing me being distant from the family, huh?" Ethan asked. I nodded, feeling tired as I sat next to him.

"Yeah, you barely talk." Ethan took a deep breath. "Well, I saw dad some months ago... and he has two kids now." I gasped as he continued. "He just looks so happy with them and... it's like he forgot about us." I felt bad for poor Ethan. He had been close to dad, and I guessed he just missed him.

We chatted for a bit until I glanced at the time and realized it was almost time to meet up with Jake.

Mom had dropped me off while taking Claudia to her karate lessons. Only God knows if she'll use those moves on me.

"See you later, hun," Mom said as she drove off. I bid her goodbye and headed into the cafe. I spotted Jake, completely absorbed in his phone, and I let out a sigh. I had been rehearsing what I would tell him all day.

"Hey babe," he greeted me with a tight hug. Jake had always been nice, but Ariana saw red flags that I didn't. We sat across from each other, staring for a moment before I finally spoke up. "So, I wanted to talk..." I gulped, and Jake nodded, setting his phone aside. "What do you think about kids?" I started, and Jake froze. "Uh, where did that come from?" My heart skipped a beat. I knew I shouldn't have said that. He looked shocked, and we sat in silence.

Jake finally broke the silence with a nonchalant tone, "Kids are cool, some are annoying, but you know what I mean." As he looked at my worried expression, he took a deep breath before dropping the bombshell, "This might sound crazy, but... I'm pregnant."

I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the comforting words and support I desperately needed. Instead, Jake's reaction was far from what I expected. He scoffed, "Hell no, you can't be pregnant... not for me." His laughter filled the room as he got up to leave, but I couldn't let him walk away without understanding the truth.

"It is for you," I whispered, stopping him in his tracks. Jake reluctantly sat back down, his eyes filled with disbelief and anger. "Damn! You must be joking," he spat out, unable to comprehend the reality of the situation.

I could see the realization dawn on his face as he looked at me, his eyes almost tearing up. "Bridgette," he said my name in that soft, gentle voice he used on our first date. "It has to go," he said, his words hanging heavy in the air. My heart sank as I tried to comprehend what he meant. What had to go?

"What?" I managed to choke out, tears already streaming down my face. His expression hardened as he spoke again. "The baby has to go," he said firmly, his tone leaving no room for argument. My mind raced as I tried to process his words. I thought we were in this together, I thought he would support me.

"But... I thought..." I started to say, but he cut me off with a harsh ultimatum. "The freaking baby has to go! Or it's bye bye to our relationship!" With that, he got up from the table and left the cafe, leaving me alone with my shattered heart and tears of sorrow streaming down my face.

I can't believe this is happening to me. I thought Jake loved me, but he doesn't even want the baby. How could he do this to me?

As I sobbed in the passenger seat of my mom's car, she reached over and put her hand on my shoulder. "Oh honey, I'm so sorry. You deserve so much better than that."

I wiped my tears and looked out the window, feeling a mix of anger and sadness. "I can't believe he would just abandon me like this. I thought we were in this together."

My mom's voice was filled with anger as she spoke, "That boy is a coward. He doesn't deserve you or that baby. You are strong and you will get through this, with or without him."

I let out a shaky breath and continued to rant, "And then he had the nerve to say that he would break up with me if I had the baby. How could he be so heartless?"

My mom's grip on the steering wheel tightened as she muttered under her breath, "I swear, if I ever see that boy again, I'll give him a piece of my mind."

I couldn't help but let out a bitter laugh at her words. "Thanks, Mom. I don't know what I would do without you."

As we drove home, I felt a mix of emotions swirling inside me. But one thing was crystal clear - Jake was a total jerk who would rather swallow a mouthful of dirt than risk his precious reputation.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧.

𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 ♥️❤️♥️