Chapter - 15: Preparations and Photoshoot (Part - B)

Start from the beginning

Things fell into place, and I got accustomed to a new routine." Abhimanyu explained and Roohi kept looking at him with widened eyes. She was so interested, and Abhimanyu continued,

"Jab bhi hum aagey badhnewale hote hain ya ek nayi journey start karnewale hote hain, dar lagta hain Bacha. But the catch here is, humein us dar mein peeche nahi hathna hain. Hmmm! 

Agar hat gaye toh kabhi aagey nahi bad payenge. Success might forever be alluded to you. We don't want that. Do we?" He advised her in his way but ended with a reaffirming question. 

Roohi shook her head in response to his question and buried her face into his chest without caring for the amount of makeup she had to put on to save her skin from the lights and the heat they radiated.

Abhimanyu was no less. Not for a second did he think of his shirt. But when they pulled back, Roohi cringed at the mess she made on his shirt. She ran up and got him a new T-shirt and Abhimanyu changed into it before coming to the dining hall. 

He greeted Manjari and enquired about the temple visit and how things went on there. The crew members were so busy chatting with Manjari that they were just starting with their main course. Roohi and Abhimanyu grabbed their plates and joined them. 

Everyone including Manjari could see the spunk in Roohi back. All of them noticed her gloominess while she was giving bytes regarding her expectation from Mumbai and how excited she was to start on a new journey. That was the last segment and then they saw her face fall. 

She rushed to Abhimanyu as they started packing things and from the moment she came back, she clung on to him a lot more than what they saw all this while. They didn't give it importance then but her change in behaviour, within a few minutes forced them to connect the dots. 

They were expected to understand the contestant and their family dynamics when they go to shoot their video diaries. They will need all the information they can get if they ever want to trigger or manufacture emotions for better effect out of contestants and family members alike. 

They often joked amongst themselves that Video diaries as a concept is more of an INVESTIGATION than INTRODUCTION.

Their time at Birla house and their interaction with the Birlas left them asking for more. Their dynamics, ethics, attitude and everything else had their interest from the word go. 

They just had too much material to play with and they for once never considered about the story line for the video diary for a change. They were so used to the run on the mill approach these days that this experience felt novel to them. 

At least a few of them found the beauty about shooting an introduction without setting a narrative or without trying to manipulate things. It was usually lot of script and takes but with the Birlas, it was as raw as possible.

They gave them that vibe that they will not encourage such trickery from the very beginning. That was one of the reasons why they refrained from taking creative liberties. They instead captured the essence and facts unlike what they usually do.