Leave of Journey

***********************************
"A different world for you, the same for the rest."
***********************************
POV
Ceslay Reeds

Once the vertibird was in place on the flight deck, I jumped down and made my way to the door. Worry was dragging me down because Danse was by himself inside that bloody mess.. I really wanted to stay back and help him clean it at least.

Order's are Order's....

Before I could even shut the door, the Elders voice broke over the hum of the Prydwen.

"Knight Reeds, I take it your mission was successful?" He smiled in greeting when I turned around, leaning his shoulder against the ladder. He was freshly shaven and those blue eyes of his were filled with life. He looked to be in a good mood. Didn't like the way he was staring at me though.

"Yes sir, mission accomplished." With a gesture of my hand, I pointed to the ladder. "If it's all right with you, I'd like to get my armor to the workshop."

"Of course, come see me when that is done. I'll be in my quarters." He nodded and climbed quickly disappearing.

"Monkey.." I muttered to myself, giggling.

"I heard that." His voice echoed the shoot and I laughed now.

"Yes sir." Giggling inside my helmet, I headed to the workshop to drop my armor off. Ingram was already waiting for me when I got there. Her expression was tense as she sighed loudly.

"Knight! What in the hell did you do to your suit?!" Her irritation was obvious and without a word, I trudged over to the station. My armor was starting to stick in the leg slightly from radioactive blood that the mutants had.

Once under the lights, the back of my suit popped open and I stepped down. My balance was a little off, the adrenaline was wearing off. It made me stumble slightly but I managed to blindly reach out and grip the bars of the station. Ingram seemed to noticed my sudden stagger and she sighed.

"You aren't used to this, are you?"

"Being in a suit for more than an hour... yes. Dealing with giant super mutant behemoths.. no." Even if I was slightly annoyed by her tone, my eyes focused on the individual approaching the station.

"The elder is requesting your presence ." They bowed respectfully and I raised a brow.

"Don't need to be so formal." Smiling at them, I nodded. "I'll be there shortly."

"Don't keep him waiting." Ingram warned.

Shaking my head at her. "He can wait." Putting my attention back on the suit of armor. "How long until this gets repaired?"

Ingram sighed. "A few days..."

Means I can't take it home.. shit.

"Alright..." Patting the steel of the torso, I left the workshop and mustered up courage. After dealing with Fort Strong and the Brotherhood of Steel, I was ready to return to Sanctuary Hills.

Wonder if he'd let me leave for a bit..

Reaching the ladder where there were a set of three rooms. The middle door opened as Elder Maxson peered outside.

"All done?" He asked, his eyes focused on me.

"Yes.. Ingram says it will take a few days to repair the suit. It took a beating from the fall."

"Yes I heard your vertibird crashed." He nodded and gestured inside, opening the door wider. "Come on in."

His room was actually really nice. He had a bed in the middle along with a desk and computer off to the right side. In the middle was a table that had alcohol bottles on it.