➤ chapter 28 : back to the beginning

MIIZUMI HOLDS HER bag on her shoulder as she approaches the misty palms oasis town

MIIZUMI HOLDS HER bag on her shoulder as she approaches the misty palms oasis town. a few sandbenders stand outside the entrance of a bar.

she slightly cringes and turns into the opposite direction of the bar. she leans onto one of the buildings until something flying in the sky catches her eye.

she sees the object land on the ground and she recognizes it as a sky bison, appa. she runs towards the gate of the town where she saw appa and she sees sokka, katara, toph and aang standing with their backs turned to miizumi.

miizumi drops her bag and rushes over to them. sokka is the first to turn around after glaring at aang's map and trying to observe the place to compare the two and he immediately spots miizumi standing in front of them.

"miizumi!" he runs towards her and meets her halfway. he practically knocks the air out of her lungs as his body slams into hers and he wraps his arms around her waist, lifting her off her feet. miizumi throws her arms around sokka's neck in a hug and she kisses his cheek.

"i missed you so much." miizumi whispers in his ear, pressing her lips to his cheek one more time before pulling away. she runs towards the others and sokka follows behind her like a lost puppy.

"katara!" miizumi says, engulfing the brunette in a hug. they spin around, quietly laughing as they try to stay on their feet. miizumi feels toph wrap her arms around her and aang soon joins.

"hey, miizumi, watch what i can do!" aang exclaims, backing up. he shoves his foot into the ground and a rock pushes miizumi into the air. she lands on appa and she caresses his fur as she climbs off him.

"you can earthbend, aang!" miizumi smiles.

"he's been doing that ever since he learned that move." katara says.

"yeah, and it's getting kinda old!" sokka exclaims and a rock sends him flying into the air.

"i learned a new move too." miizumi says and takes a deep breath before putting her two fingers together. she generates a lightning bolt that is small because she doesn't want to attract attention to them, and directs it out her fingers, sending it into the sky.

"you can lightning bend?" toph asks.

"yeah. i just learned it a few days ago." miizumi responds as sokka walks up to her, rubbing his head after landing on the ground.

"did your uncle teach you?" toph asks.

"how'd you guess?" miizumi says.

"nothing. i just had some tea with him one time and i remember him talking about you and your family." toph explains.

"so, why are you guys here?" miizumi asks as they turn back to the misty palms oasis that doesn't look much like an oasis at all.

"katara chose this spot and it's not living up to its name at all." sokka says.