𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Start from the beginning

"If you had the strength of twenty men, it would dispatch you straight."

Mr. Pattinson just looked at him, then moved off, intimidated. "Eyes on the screen, people," he asked. Nefertiti and I giggled quietly as we snuggled into his side.

After a few minutes I could see Mr Pattinson looking at us, smirking, I was very uncomfortable.

Jasper looked at me, feeling my emotions. "What's the matter?" He whispered, holding my hand then squeezing Nefertiti's hand, feeling her emotions.

"Mr Pattinson is looking at us, smirking. I'm uncomfortable" I said as Nefertiti nodded.

Jasper looked at Mr Pattinson, raising his hand. Mr Pattinson paused the video, looking at Jasper. "Yes Jasper?"

"I suggest you not look at the twins like that, or any woman for that matter. Quite unpleasant" Mr Pattinson looked shocked as the class looked at him with disgust.

"You're lucky I haven't told the principal and get you fired. May I remind you that they're teenagers?"

Mr. Pattinson just looked at him, then moved off, intimidated, embarrassed, and shocked.

"Eyes on the screen, people," he asked. The kids looked at the teacher disgusted. "Thank you" we whispered, kissing his cheek.

-𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-

Lights glow from inside the beautiful house as we stood in front of a painting

Lights glow from inside the beautiful house as we stood in front of a painting. Jasper drove us to the Cullens' after school. "The Volturi are a very old, very powerful family...,"

he explained as we looked at a painting.

I saw the 18th-century painting, depicting Grecian figures in swirling robes writhing among pillars and balconies.

On a high balcony, four calm figures look down upon the bacchanal; two black-haired, one snowy white, and one golden-haired. "They look regal," Nefertiti noted in their outfits.

"The closest thing my world has to royalty...," Jasper added as I studied the painting, the largest on a wall crowded with pictures.

The other walls are towering bookshelves. "Francesco Solimena painted this; he often depicted the Volturi as Gods," he continued as I examined the golden-haired "God."

"Is that... Carlisle?" I asked. "Yes. He lived with them for a few decades," he confirmed.

"He describes them as very refined, for killers. The Volturi are also what you might call enforcers." "Of what?" Nefertiti asked. "The only rule they have: to keep secret the existence of our kind," Jasper said.

"We don't make spectacles of ourselves, or kill conspicuously unless we want to die."

"Don't even talk about that. You can't let anyone hurt you. The Volturi or anyone else," I asked as Nefertiti nodded. "Who else would hurt me?" Jasper asked me.