6. Number and Conversations

[A/N:- You can assume that this is how Chibana Akira looks like]

Hoshiko's POV

"S-Sorry for arriving l-late" I replied, feeling my cheeks heat up a little due to the thoughts I was having earlier. "It's fine. I have to leave for an emergency meeting so continue without me" Sensei said as she left, leaving me with the pretty senior. "Well, I'm Shimizu Kiyoko from 3-4" the senior replied with a small smile. "I-I'm H-Hoshiko Miku f-from 1-4. N-Nice to meet you Senpai" I said, fumbling with my words due to nervousness. "So, you are fine with joining as a manager for the Volleyball Club's Team, right?" she asked me, cutting straight to the point. "W-Well... I'm not 100% s-sure...." I said while looking away slightly. Misa often teased me for not being able to look female seniors in the eye if they looked very beautiful, which landed me in quite several awkward situations. I guess she noticed my discomfort. "Relax... I won't bite you if you don't wish to join" she said, as if trying to make me feel less nervous, "besides, if you want you can just come to the gym on Monday and see and then make the decision, ok? Club activities for today are cancelled due to some Academic department meeting and I think I can inform the others about your visit during weekend practice" she told me while smiling softly. So beautiful and graceful!!

"H-Hai Senpai!" I exclaimed while bowing a bit. "Ok then, take care" she said as she waved bye and left. To be honest, her suggestion seemed correct. Guess then bringing the tracksuit today was not really required. I thought as I began heading back to get my lunch and eat before the bell rang. 

(Time skip)

It was the end of the day when suddenly Yamaguchi-san tapped on my shoulder. "Ano... Hoshiko-san, would you like to walk home with us. It seems that we all head towards the same route so..." he said while smiling nervously. "I-I would like to" I replied, smiling softly as maybe this way I might make more friends. Suddenly Akira-chan spoke up in a loud tone from behind which startled me for a bit. "No fair!! I wanted to walk with her!" she exclaimed as she pulled me into a hug, causing me to yelp slightly. I guess I'm not used to rough handling like this other than Mom, Mio Oba-san, Harumi Oba-san, Roo-Nii and Asami .... "Well idiot you live in the opposite direction, don't you?" Tsukishima-san retorted. "Fine... fine... But Miku-chan don't forget the study session! Tomorrow in the afternoon works for you? And your place or mine?" she quickly said while hugging me tightly and looking straight into my eyes. 

"Hey, just because she doesn't speak up much don't go invading her personal space" Tsukishima-san said while pulling Akira-chan by her collar away from me. "A-Arigatou Tsukishima-san" I replied. He clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Well, stand up for yourself, you will not always have someone else to do it. Especially when dealing with obnoxious idiots" he smirked as he looked at Akira-chan. I hope they don't end up fighting.... "O-Ok... A-Ano... Akira-chan, let's study at m-my place" I suggested to change the topic. Suddenly her anger seemed to disappear as she suddenly hugged me again but quickly pulled away this time. "Ok, here, give me your number" she said as she handed me her phone. I entered my number and saved it as 'Hoshiko Miku'. She bid us goodbye and went back home with some of her friends. Tsukishima just got up and began walking out of the door when Yamaguchi-san spoke up. 

"Please don't mind Tsukki. He didn't have any hard feelings behind his words. It's just that amusingly Chibana-san and us have been classmates since Middle School and due to their personalities they bicker a lot." he explained as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh... i-it's fine. Yamaguchi-san. S-Should we leave? T-Tsukishima-san has already left" I pointed out as I grabbed my bag. "Y-Yeah! Let's hurry" he said and we began exiting the class soon.

Third Person's POV

They ran downstairs, seeing Tsukishima standing at the entrance of the school. He put on his headphones and began walking when he saw the two of them finally exit the school building. Yamaguchi tried his best to continue a conversation which though began a bit awkward soon felt quite amicable. Hoshiko felt herself loosen up a bit causing her to feel less nervous. "So Hoshiko-san.... Sorry if this is nosy but... Why did you join a week late?" Yamaguchi asked. Tsukishima's playlist had also run out of songs for now so he could heard his question and was also slightly intrigued. She didn't seem ill or anything right now. Hoshiko took sometime to answer the question. "Well... I got injured due to carelessness and a-another injury which I-I don't think was that bad... Also, s-something related to my mother's health s-so yeah. I-I could had joined by last w-week's Wednesday... so... yeah..." she said, fumbling with the strap of her bag. "Oh... Are y-you completely fine now? And your Mom?" Yamaguchi asked, slight concern evident in his voice. "Y-Yeah... Everything is fine now" she replied, smiling softly to reassure him. "So you are a trouble magnet?" Tsukishima suddenly asked, which had slightly startled the other two as they didn't think that he was listening. 

"W-Well... Yes, you can say so" she said with a nervous chuckle. He just hummed in response. Soon they reached the fork in the road where Yamaguchi has to go the other way. They bid him goodbye and continue. "So... Just a warning about Chibana: Teaching her Japanese Literature would be like teaching a chicken to fly so don't waste much time on her if it feels too much" he mumbled, but loud enough so that she could hear him before he went inside, leaving her behind as she mumbled a good bye and continued on to the road. She noticed that her house was just 5 houses away from his, which made her wonder if they could ever accidentally bump into each other but soon shook off that thought as she entered her home when she heard the sizzling of food and smell of fried rice. 

A woman in her 40s entered the corridor in her apron, her chocolate brown hair in a ponytail as she smiled at Hoshiko. "Welcome home my little fairy" she said with a smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:- So... who do you think this mysterious women at the end is? Right and wrong answers both accepted! Plus.... do you really think that 'injuries' were enough for her to be absent for a week? I... I don't know... Even though I'm the author but let's see what happens. Well, till then, Sayonara mina-san!!

The Night Sky 🌠🌙 ( OC X Tsukishima Kei )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara