2. An Old Promise

(Author's Note:- Please imagine the above picture with pale indigo eyes)

Tsukishima's POV

Soon it was the end of the day when the new student stopped me in my tracks. "I-I am sorry for what happened earlier today. Also, may I ask you how m-much have we already covered in school l-last week?" she asked, stuttering as if she was uncomfortable. "Well I wish I could tell you but I am busy right now. You can just ask your friend about that, can't you?" I said carelessly but after I spoke did I realize that it sounded a little blunt. 

"Oh... O-Ok. Once again, I'm sorry for troubling you" she said and quickly went out of the room. I sighed as I began walking out of the room to reach the gym. Tadashi had most probably already reached there, I thought. While walking I noticed a dinosaur key-chain on the floor, which I picked up. It looks a little familiar, I thought but instead of pondering further on who might have lost it, I hastened my pace as I was quite late but reached there before anyone noticed. Soon the club activities began, which included meeting our new coach and a practice match against a few alumni, who call themselves the 'Neighborhood Association Club'.

Meanwhile, with Hoshiko...

Yeah... That was stupid of me... Why are you so stupid? Why are you an impulsive idiot, I thought. "Hey! Hoshiko!" I turned around and saw Kawasaki Sensei. "G-Good afternoon Sensei" I replied. "Good afternoon. I wanted to tell you that your work permit has been authorized and you will get it by tomorrow. If someone inquires you regarding it, you can show it to them" she said. That means no issues with working part-time. "Also, the first chapters of all the subjects have been completed half-way, just in case you wished to know" she replied with a smile. I... "Thank you very much Sensei!", I replied while bowing. 

"It's nothing.", she replied before continuing, "And I will also give you the list of school clubs tomorrow". School clubs... "Sensei, is it compulsory t-to choose a club?" I asked. I hoped that it wasn't the case, because if it was, I might let down others again, like how I did earlier, and also as I am not good at anything... "Well, it's not compulsory but I would advise you to try at least one of them once. If you feel uncomfortable continuing, you can tell me before the summer break and I'll see what I can do. Now then, go along your way", Sensei replied. "Ok Sensei. Th-Thank you very much", I replied.

Well... I still have a choice , as I walked away from there towards home. Or rather... my house... Luckily this time I didn't get lost. At least something positive... After reaching I took off my bag when I noticed that something was missing. My keychain!! Shoot! It fell from my bag before reaching school and hence I had kept it in my pocket but seems like it fell down somewhere in school. Why that keychain out of all of them?!! I cursed a little at my featherbrained antics. Looks like I can only search for it tomorrow...

(Time skip)

Tsukishima's POV

The match was finally over and we were heading back home when I took out the keychain which I found on the ground earlier. An Ankylosaur... Suddenly Tadashi spoke up. "Tsukki, that's a nice keychain! But... where did you get it?" he asked. "I found it on the ground when I was heading towards the gym. Seems like someone forgot it" I replied. But whoever that person was, seems cool. "Oh... But wouldn't it had been better to just leave it there or return it to lost and found?" he asked. Well... I could do that but I didn't... "You're right... But I was already late to practice and besides, some other people might just throw it away" I replied. "Ok Tsukki", Tadashi chimed in. Well, even though he doesn't likes dinosaurs as much as I do, he appreciates them which I really enjoy.

"Hey Tsukki, look! The sky looks beautiful with no clouds!", Tadashi exclaimed and I looked up. "It does look beautiful", I said, looking at the stars when I realized why the keychain looked familiar.

Flashback

It was an Elementary School Picnic Day, 2 years before I met Tadashi, when I was 9 and didn't wear glasses yet. I was sitting below a tree with a volleyball, hoping someone would play with me when a boy with two band-aids on his face and pale indigo eyes came to me. "Do you like volleyball?", he asked, while pointing towards my ball. "Yes! I love it!", I had replied enthusiastically. "Me too! Can I play with you?", he asked, fidgeting a little. I nodded but suddenly stopped when I saw a keychain on his bag. "That's an Ankylosaur! Do you also like dinosaurs?", I asked like the little kid I was. 

"Yes! They are the next best thing after volleyball!" , he replied readily. "Cool! Will you be my friend? I am Tsukishima Kei!", I said. " My name is Hoshi-"  I couldn't hear the rest as another kid was running around us with an airhorn. I still don't know how he got it over there. "- Can I call you Kei-kun?" he asked, a little loudly due to the noisy kid around us. "Sure! Then I will call you Hoshi!" I replied. We both grinned and then ran away from the airhorn kid and began playing volleyball while also talking about dinosaurs. Our parents or guardians were supposed to pick us up from the picnic spot when the day was over. Hence we decided to ask them to take our picture so that we don't forget about each other.

"Kei-kun, I want to say something", Hoshi said. "Sure", I replied. "If we meet again when we get older, let's go to the Sendai Museum together! I have read that there are a lot of dinosaurs over there!"  Hoshi said avidly. "Sure! That sounds cool!" I replied. "Promise?" "Promise". We both grinned from ear to ear, before I saw my brother, who came to pick me up. "Hoshi, come here! Let's click the picture!", I said as I tugged his hand while running towards Akiteru Nii-san. After clicking the picture, we said goodbye and I left with Nii-san.

End of Flashback

Wait... I don't think it might belong to him as I didn't see anyone who resembles him even a bit. Maybe it belongs to someone else. But who would still be excited about dinosaurs, I wondered as I headed on towards my home, shoving the keychain back in my pocket. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glossary:- 

Ankylosaur: A completely armored dinosaur with a club or ball like projection on the end of its tail.

Hoshi: Star in Japanese.