Chapter 2: Meeting with Bai Xuelan

During the whole Spring Festival, except for the unsavory reunion dinner on New Year's Eve, the rest was lackluster.

There are dozens of people who usually rent in the hall, some go home for the New Year, and those who do not go home also invite three or five friends to go out to lively and lively, and they become more and more deserted.

This is cheaper for Xuan Huaifeng. He always liked to be quiet, so when he returned to the guild hall, he picked out a few thick foreign novels in the bookcase and read them comfortably on the bed.

The guild hall pays for meals on a per-capital basis. Although the food is not exquisite, the guy can still greet him and figure out Xuan Huaifeng's temperament. When the meal is ready, he will not call him out to eat outside the window. The hot meal and the hot dishes were brought in, and he was allowed to eat quietly in the room.

For several days in a row, even Xuan Huaifeng was so diligent that he felt embarrassed. Although he was shy, he still took 50 cents from the envelope and handed it to the man. It was a red envelope for the New Year.

Before you know it, a spring break has passed.

Xuan Huaifeng still went to school to teach.

At the beginning of March, when Xuan Huaifeng came back from class this day, as soon as Xuan Huaifeng entered the door, the clerk in the guild hall saw him sharply and ran over,

"Mr. Looking for you, I was about to hang up, and I saw you entering the door as soon as I turned around."

Xuan Huaifeng thanked him and went to the telephone room to pick up the phone.

It turned out that his sister wanted him to go to the reception tonight.

"Huaifeng, you are not allowed to come here. Your brother-in-law and I have been preparing for the reception tonight. If you are disobedient, don't call me a sister in the future."

The reason for attending the meeting was finalized,

"Come here before seven o'clock in the evening, remember to put on the new clothes I made for you, and dress up nicely."

Speaking of which, Xuan Huaifeng's excuses were useless.

After hanging up the phone and lingering in the room until six o'clock, it was estimated that it would take almost an hour to arrive all the way, before I put on my new Spring Festival suit and went out.

It was just seven o'clock when it arrived at the New Year's house.

The sun had fallen below the field of vision, and in the far horizon, only a faint gray cloud remained.

Xuan Huaifeng glanced at it from a distance, Nian's house was brightly lit under the twilight, like a woman who spent all her time dressing up, waiting for her lover to arrive.

Presumably all the lights that could be turned on were on.

There were several brightly painted cars parked outside the gate, some with small government flags in front of them, and the blue and white flags swayed occasionally in the evening wind.

Xuan Huaifeng arrived at the gate.

The concierge of Nian's house recognized him, called out "Master Huaifeng", opened the door, and asked him to go in to find Mrs. Nian on his own.

It was said that the reception started at 7:00. In fact, guests had already come here.

Nian's house seemed to be a small open park. From the gate to the corridor, there were people standing everywhere in twos and threes. Most of the men wore suits, and the women dressed nicely. They were different, some were wearing Western-style dresses, some were wearing cheongsams, and they were chatting and laughing freely while holding wine.