~CHAPTER TWELVE~

Italics=thoughts

_______________________________

Bailey's POV

Cadenza laughed and introduced herself to me. "I'm Cadenza, Laurence's older sister." She smiled at me and looked and the tomato(Laurence). "Cadenza......I'm going to kill you" he said as he lunged himself at him sister. They both fell to the ground and started wrestling. "Laurence! Cadenza! Get off each other!" A man emerged from the door. He looked irritated that his kids were acting like toddlers. Laurence and Cadenza got up and mumbled apologies to each other before Cadenza walked in the house and disappeared up the stairs. The guy introduced himself as Hayden, Laurence's dad, and walked back into the house. 

After we got done playing on his Xbox, we walked down stairs and into the kitchen. "Do you want something" he asked, sticking his head out of the fridge. I smiled and responded "Just a glass of water please". He got me my glass of water and got some chocolate out of the pantry. Please don't offer me any. "Want some chocolate" he asked as he sat down. I'll eat it and throw it up later. "Sure" I chirped. Though I could show my ears and tell, since Aaron couldn't, I decided to not and act as a human. As I ate the chocolate, my stomach began hurting. I decided I could fight through the pain till Aaron came to pick me up. Then the conversation I had been dreading and hoping for came up. "Has anyone asked you to prom?" He asked as he looked at me. I shook my head no. "Are you going to ask Aphmau?" I asked, hurting as the words came out of my mouth. "No. Aaron likes her and she likes him. They should go together" he said with a smile on his face, then he asked "Bailey....... Will you go to prom with me. You know just as friends". I stared at him for a second, the words he said processing in my head. He asked me to prom..... but just as friends. "Sure" I finally replied. He smiled and then someone knocked on the door.  Hayden got the door and shouted that it was Aaron. I thanked him and Laurence and walked out to Aaron's car. 

On the way home the words Laurence said replayed in my head "Just as friends". When we got home I spent an hour throwing up in my bathroom with Mellissa rubbing my back. "Why did I eat the chocolate" I moaned in pain. The next morning, me and Aaron drove to school since it was raining. On the way, he laughed about me eating the chocolate. When we got there Aaron went to find Aph and apologize and I went to find the rest of our friend group. I walked into the cafeteria and sat down at the table with Katelyn, Garroth and Lucinda. 

"I heard you're going to prom with Laurence" Lucinda cooed. I spit out the water I had been drinking. "What?!" I shouted, confused how she found out. "How did you find out?"

"He texted us all as soon as you left his house yesterday" Garroth stated and Katelyn nodded. I turned red just as Dante and Travis walked over to our table. "Why is Bailey a tomato?" Dante asked laughing. I death stared him and he shut up. "Did Laurence blab to you guys to" I asked Dante and Travis. They both nodded their heads and I groaned. WHY LAURENCE WHY?!  "I think he likes you cutie" Teony said as she walked over and joined our conversation. That's when I saw Aaron and Aph, arguing again, across the cafeteria. "Excuse me one moment. I have to deal with idiotic brother" I said as I slid off my seat and started walking over to them. "AARON! APH!" I yelled as I approached them. They looked and me and started blaming each other. I faced palmed and said "That's enough! Both of you apologize!" they looked at me and then back at each other. "She's right" Aph started "We've been friends for along time. We need to stop fighting". Aaron nodded and I left them and headed back to our table. Laurence was there when I got back. Garroth and him were fighting over a snickers bar and I shook my head. I don't know why they fight over something so small. They could split it. "Just split it" Teony said as if she had read my mind. They both looked at her for a split second and continued fighting. Katelyn walked over, grabbed the snickers bar, opened it, and shoved it in her mouth. I started laughing as they looked at Katelyn with sad puppy eyes. Laurence saw me and came over to me with a chocolate bar. "Since you seemed to enjoy the one at my house yesterday". I enjoyed it. Yeah right. I really enjoyed puking for an hour.