Chapter Five

5

It was already determined. Even though Lisa anticipated that Jacob would gain popularity, she was nevertheless surprised by how quickly he did so. After lunch and the whole drama that was displayed, everyone returned back to class, and now the school day was over.

"I have to wait for Jacob at the parking lot," Lisa said to Olivia. "Oh, your sisters are coming to pick you guys up," Olivia replied. "Nope, that demon is my ride home," Lisa said, feeling hesitant to go with Jacob. "Oh, wow really, I wish we could go together but our homes are not so close," Olivia explained. Lisa smiled, fully understanding that, she wished she could take a free ride home with her friend instead of going with the demon.

Olivia and Lisa hugged before Olivia left the school grounds. Lisa, who really ought to get a driver's license, stood in the parking lot of the school like a total loner for ten minutes before realizing she didn't have his number. She reached for her phone to call him but discovered she didn't have the devil's number.

"This is amazing," she thought to herself as she watched those nearby get into their cars and head home; not a single one of them had even offered to give her a ride.

After a few seconds, she dialed her sister's number. Lindsey answered, "what do you want now?" Lindsey asked, growing impatient since she had been waiting for her sister for a while. Lisa could hear that Lindsey was driving back home. "Could you guys come pick me up?" Lisa asked, sounding a little tired and hungry. "What no, no way," Lindsey replied.

"Because I'm already close to the house, why are you even calling me, isn't Jacob there with you" Lindsey asked, "that's the problem I haven't seen him yet"Lisa sounded frustrated right now, "hm he must be busy" Lindsey said defending him and Lisa almost wanted to explode.

Lindsey said, "Relax, I know you're angry right now, why don't I just send you his number." Lisa wasn't shocked to learn that Lindsey had the devil's phone number, but she needed it right now. "Okay, fine," she muttered, hanging up.

Just after a few seconds Lindsey sent his number and Lisa still standing at the almost empty parking lot began to dial his number, "come-on answer your phone" Lisa said to herself.

His deep, manly voice welcomed her with a chill down her spine. "Hello," she whispered softly. "Um, Jacob, I'm waiting for you at the parking lot." His voice was just too dominant. He ended the call with the word "shit."

To Lisa's utter amazement, he emerged out the school building precisely on time, together with Damien, Luke, and the Queens. She was confused and looked at her phone, wondering if he had just cut her off. He was a very nasty jerk.

Lisa turned to face Jacob as he walked very slowly toward her and his car, giving her the impression that she was bothering him.

However, Lisa wasn't concerned about him; she was simply too shocked to see the most popular kids approaching her, and she wasn't sure how to respond, hoping not to come across as really nervous.

"Nice skills Jacob you really were out there" Damien said to Jacob this was the first time this popular senior came up close to Lisa, "yeah although I'm pretty sure I could still beat you one one" Luke said while grinning, Lisa just stood there and observed the elites in school.

Damien hugged his girlfriend Audrey tightly while her two other friends stood next to her. Jacob stood beside Luke, and Lisa was five feet away from them. Not a single person paid any attention to Lisa, except from Jacob, who gave her a sly stare.

Jacob boastfully said, "That sounds like a bet and I'm willing to beat you up on the field." Since he was on the football team, the only ways to get Damien to notice someone were if they were exceptionally attractive or had good football skills, and from the looks of it, Jacob made the football.

While Lisa remained completely unseen to them, she couldn't resist comparing the guys. Luke was handsome, taller than Damien, and had amazing muscles, but he still had a boyish face. Damien was also handsome, but in a more manly sense. Meanwhile, Jacob was not only handsome but also beautifully made him stand out from the other two.

It wasn't a short while that Cindy finally noticed Lisa, "who're you" Cindy asked rather intimidating, Audrey broke her trance from looking at the boys and finally noticed that there was someone standing there for a while.

Right immediately, Jacob's happy mood soured. He had wanted to speak with his new pals without drawing attention to Lisa.

"Oh uhm.." Prior to Jacob interrupting, Lisa was a little frightened. "She's my cousin," he remarked matter-of-factly, without much enthusiasm, and he glared at her, perplexed as to why she couldn't hide until they left. Lisa took offense at the way he looked at her and gave him a scrowl.

Audrey said, "Really, she's your cousin?" Lisa noticed the doubt written in their eyes and became even more irate at having to stand here while the elite cast a critical gaze on her.

It was awkward for Lisa to hear Luke comment in passing, "I've never seen her; is she new here?" She didn't want Jacob to believe she was invisible at school, but she also wondered why she would care what this demon thought of her.

"No, she's isn't new I think she's not a senior like us" Isabella said acknowledging Lisa's presence in school, Lisa was even surprised that a girl like Isabella even would notice her.

"Yup I'm not new here.. I'm just one year younger in class with you guys" Lisa said trying hard not to sound nervous.

"You guys don't even look alike one bit," Audrey smiled impishly to Lisa. Lisa felt as though she was being insulted. "Yeah, I mean, I thought Jacob's cousin would actually be hotter you just seem average," Cindy added shamelessly.

"Don't be rude Cindy, although she does look nice"Although Lisa's parents were wealthy, the parents of the elites kids essentially controlled the nation, so even though Audrey spoke nicely, Lisa knew it was a lie. She wanted to hit Audrey's stupidly flawless nose but realized that doing so might get her arrested, that's how powerful these popular kids were.

Damien remarked, "Okay, Jacob, see you later, buddy," wanting to leave and without even looking at Lisa. Luke replied, "Yea, see ya later, champ," trailing behind Damien as the girls gave him a flirtatious farewell.

Lisa observed them all getting into their fancy cars and leaving the school grounds.

Turning around, Lisa saw that Jacob was glaring at her ominously. She wondered what to do at this point, but his look was so frightening that even Lisa forgot that she was upset with him for making her wait.

"Get in" he commanded Lisa wasn't the one to fear anyone or anything but the way he said it got her moving inside his car without a thought.
.
..
...
....
.....
....
......
.......
Just so you know readers Lisa isn't scared of Jacob I'm only trying to develop her character

More to come so please do write down your comments and vote

Thanks.