Rosinante x M!Reader: The Masked Man

Just a snippet of a future fic I'm going to write at some point, but I really do like what I've written so far so I wanted to share it. I'm still deciding whether I want to make it a set characteristic one instead of open due to certain plot points in the future. Well we'll see how it goes~

Anyway posting a one shot after this once I've cleaned it. (Hopefully today, fingers crossed)

----------------

Summary:

A mask salesman makes a once in a life-time deal with certain man.

Info:

Male!Reader

Rosinante/Corazon

Humour, slight angst, spoilers, dark humour(?), it's going to be a weird fun story of healing (when it's done), pre-relationship, Canon divergence

'thoughts' - thoughts

Word count: ? words

----------------

The sound of wooden beads clacking against each other was an odd sound to hear in the middle of nowhere. At least that's what Rosinante thought as he laid there in the snow. Though he was barely clinging to life he kept himself quiet and still in order to buy some more time for Law to escape using the Calm Calm fruits effects.

As he thought about the sick boy a thought occured to him.

'I'm glad I got to tell him I love him. I just wished I could of kept my promise to him.'

"That's a rather touching wish, Heart-san."

Though Rosinante was startled he refused to let it show and kept still. Well that was until he realized the odd name he was called. As he racked his brain for anyone who would call him that, but the one that came to mind seemed odd. He opened his eyes to confirm his suspicions.

In his blurry sight he could only make out parts of the figure that was now standing by his head. The person with a blurred face and wide brimmed hat, that was now blocking the snow from falling onto Rosinante's face, tilted their head to the side as they looked down at him. Well Rosinante assumed he was looking at him since he couldn't actually make out their face, not that he would have been able to tell either way if it was who he thought he was.

"Salesman-san?"
"I'm glad to hear you took my advice. I would say good to see you, but you don't look that good."
Rosinante scoffed at the other man's attempt at humour, but soon regretted it as his body reminded him of his rather deadly predicament.

Seeing this caused the masked man to crouch down and set down his wares to better asses him.

"Well I guess this isn't the time for japes concidering your state" he stated as he began rummaging through his large backbag full of wares for something.
Rosinante looked at him with exasperation. What kind of weird dark comedy show was this?

"Aha! Here it is!" the healthy man exclaimed.

"Now behold this wonderous mask of mine" the masked man said still hiding whatever it was from Rosinante's view before shoving it in the latter's face with the loud exclamation of "TADAAH!"

Rosinante stated blankly at the mask before turning his gaze to the other.

"Do not fret dear friend, though normally I would charge you for my wares but sadly today's case is a little special"

'He was going to charge me?! And what the hell do you mean 'sadly' you cheapskate?!'

"For the service was already payed for you by you and yours."

Now Rosinante was just confused.

"So rejoice good fellow as your wish by the byproduct of his shall be granted"

"???"

"Rejoice as the morrow will come for you and you will witness the storm!"

"?!"

Rosinante watched dumbfounded as the masked man threw his head back and laughed oddly.

"Kikikikiki!"

While the man's theatrics were concerning if what he gathered was correct then this same man, this insane money-hungry weirdo was going to save him?! His dumbfounded stare turned to one of gratefulness.

"Please..." he pleaded. If there was even the tiniest of chances that he could live and see Law healthy he would take it.

The dramatic man stopped his laughing and turned his head back to look at him.
"You don't even have to ask since it was already decided and I am man of my word in the end. All my wares are genuine after all." the man said before mumbling under his breath "Happiness is not 100% guaranteed."

--------

Thank you for reading!