happily ever after

Start from the beginning

There was a pause in the room before Mal grins at Cori and throws herself onto her for a cuddle.

"As long as you're alright, you can have all of my strawberry tarts." Mal says. Cori kiss her forehead and holds her. A not- subtle voice clearly interrupted their moment and Cori's eyes land on her future father-in-law.

"I understood that you'd think I would allow for Audrey to get away with what she did, but you're wrong." Cori's words surprised Hades. Mal sits up and helps Cori sit up herself carefully.

"What Audrey did was wrong, and I know that if it were Anthony or Mal or any of the others who had done it, everyone would be telling me to punish them severely. Because it was Audrey, people would expect me to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I can't. I won't." Cori directed her last statement to her parents who looked like they wanted her to at least go easy on Audrey. "How can I be a good queen if I don't uphold justice?"

"Cori—"

"No. Audrey must be punished. And she will be, because despite the fact that the scepter was controlling her, she had gone to the museum on her at her own free will to get it. A lot of people may not agree with me, but the punishment must fit the crime."

Cinderella sighed and grabbed her daughter's hand, giving it a gently squeeze. "Are you sure?"

"More than sure." Cori swung her legs to the edge of the bed to stand. "Mal and I will come up with a suitable punishment before I talk with Audrey."

The young queen stood and stretched out her limbs. Her legs were wobbly from the lack of mobility, but she managed with Mal at her side. She helped Cori , who wanted to be lead to Hades. Once in front of him, she nods at him.

"Thank you for your help."

"All I did was wake the girl." Hades shrugs all nonchalant. Cori smiles at him.

"Still. Thank you." Cori says, before being led away by her own father to the little corner of their family. He wasn't going lie, Hades felt glad to be appreciated for once.

The guards grabbed Hades and cuffed him again before dragging him out.

Mal looks at her father as he is being led away, looks at Cori who gives her a loving smile and a nod towards the door. Mal leans forward to give her a quick kiss before hurrying out to catch up with her father to say a proper goodbye...

•~•~•~•

Despite the constant insistance that she should take it easy and perhaps sleep a bit, Cori had had enough sleep. She did, however, eat and changed out of the dress that Audrey must have put her in. She and Mal decided to be alone for a few hours to discuss what they were to do about Audrey. Finally, they agreed on a suitable punishment.

She, with Mal beside her, walked towards Audrey's room. The guards, Orion being one of them, outside the door bowed when they saw their queen and future queen consort. Orion opened the door for them. Mal went in first, feeling protective. Cori followed behind. When she walked in, her eyes immediately focused on Audrey who laid in her bed looking like she was crying her heart out for a while before they arrived. Audrey's grandmother, Leah, was in the room as well, trying to best to soothe her.