Chapter 12

The dead ship making it's way to collide with the admirals ship was a sight to behold as nothing could prevent it happening now. The rest of the Nova shuttles docked back up in the hanger. "Sir Their are no human life signs aboard the dead ship and all shuttles in space have returned." The ops officer informed them as Jonathan looked to his number one who watched intently the event that was about to happen. "Any advice number one?" The captain inquired as Amelia turned to face him. "Helm reverse thrusters. Take us slowly away from here till the collision has passed then make a course back to earth." Amelia ordered as the helm officer nodded and began taking the ship away from the collision slowly as they all watched the two vessels collide with explosions and parts breaking off. 

"They'd be very unlucky if the two ships merged after and those creatures attacked them. Helm set course towards earth as the night shift crew entered the bridge. "It seems you are all dismissed for the night. Rest well we'll worry about everything else tomorrow." The captain informed them as the nightshift crew took there positions. "Captain aren't you off duty as well?" Amelia questioned as he smiled softly. "The night shift captain is in medical. I'm taking post here till there okay." Jonathan said. 

The lift doors opened as Amelia and Sarah walked out making there ways to their quarters. "We almost died today." Sarah said in a worried tone. "We're fine though. And the journey has been cut short, we're on our way back to earth." Amelia tried to comfort as they walked down the halls. "That's not what I'm getting at Amelia, almost dying made me think... a lot about my decisions in life." Sarah said as Amelia stopped looking at Sarah. "What do you mean?" Amelia asked as Sarah smiled nervously. "How I feel about people and who I'd want to be with." Sarah said as Amelia started to get the idea of where this was going. 

"Where are you going with this...?" Amelia stuttered slightly as Sarah hesitated before saying what had been on her mind for a long time now. "I love you Amelia." Sarah said as Amelia smiled looking at the beautiful woman who was always so nervous now admitting her deepest feelings. "I... I...." Amelia stuttered unable to get her words out as she resorted to the only the way to tell Sarah how she felt as she leaned forward towards Sarah as their lips connected briefly before separating. Amelia's eyes looked everywhere but at Sarah's feeling flustered. 

Sarah tilted Amelia's head up with two fingers as Amelia saw the red blush cover Sarah's face as they smiled at each other. "You know I'd do anything to see you out of that uniform." Amelia whispered into Sarah's ear before bringing her head away biting her bottom lip with a small smile. "Come with me." Sarah said grabbing Amelia's hand as they passed Sarah's quarters heading to Amelia's.