Chapter 2 *unedited*

**Daniel's POV**

I stared in amazement and horror at the sight of this impossible beast in front of us. I never could have imagined Nyssa having such a menacing and scary wolf. Her wolf was beyond rare, I could finally understand why she was hell bent on staying human. Her instincts were so animalistic that she had to suppress her wolf and take control as a human. Nyssa is one of the most formidable warriors with a prowess to silence tongues for eons.

Her fur was so black as if the abyss of the universe placed its hand on her with its blessing. She looked like a walking shadow and the shadows moved with her or so it seemed. And her glowing dark red eyes that almost made her look so feral. Like a bloodthirsty animal. But as I studied her, I almost felt my breath hitch and gulp in terror as my eyes landed on those sharp and bright silver claws. Razor sharp killing machines that will cause a slow painful death or injuries beyond repair. She had let out such a blood curling snarl at the rogue that we felt the ground shake and a cold breeze begin to lift. I knew the stories of the Elite's spirit fusing with the wolf that caused their kind to have certain abilities unique to their purpose. They were bred for war and protection. The last soldiers to protect the royals and the essence of the Goddess that was spread throughout the land.

She held so much power, it was hard to believe that the girl I cared for kept this hidden. I had to keep myself composed and glanced at Raphael for his reaction who seemed unnaturally calm. I felt puzzled at his reaction as I saw his gaze centered on Nyssa circling the wolf. Raphael had personally trained her ages ago but he had never mentioned seeing her wolf. Or so at least I thought that he has never mentioned. As I watched, there was no surprise in his eyes or his pulse quickening from utter shock. No reaction.

I looked at our guards and felt them take a step back as if to offer more space for the fight to play out. If they knew one thing about Nyssa, no one fights her battles or stands in her way. She was brutal and merciless that could cause nightmares to the rookies who became of age.

"Dear Goddess, it's true." They muttered to themselves to the scene unfolding in front of them. I knew exactly what they meant. There were rumors back at the Academy and in the pack about Nyssa. As she snarled again, and the air began to crystallize into ice, they fell down to one knee with awe and horror plastered across their faces. They were kneeling in respect to the power that Nyssa was radiating. It's a similar feeling that royals give off, but this was more. This was mighty and beyond anything ever felt.

I scanned the field around me, taking into account the presence of the prominent and feared Alpha Evander Silas. He stood tall, his wide chiseled frame and muscular body. I analyzed him as we only only saw each other once at the Annual Royal Ball about 8 years ago. It was one of the rarest times to have seen him at such an event but I suppose as the chain of command had changed, he was bound to show up. After all, his bloodline is next. He's not very friendly or sociable as was his reputation precedes him from that one deadly night. And he had definitely changed after all years. No longer the small, brooding teenager. He became a scary man. He had very bright golden amber irises with flecks of green that were just insanely cold and deadly all the way across the field. He had a rough beard that looked like he hadn't shaved in weeks but it suited him. It made him very threatening as if he doesn't sleep. His hair was a shade of dark brown with shades of amber and loose waves with a noticeable fade.

Alpha Evander comes from a lineage that is feared as his ancestors set the precedence for that. Nasty business that family or so we all have been told. But as I watched him, he too was staring at Nyssa a little too long. His gaze centered on the beasts before us. I must admit she was a sight to see, but I can't let that get to me. His breath was deep, very unnoticeable but I could see past his cold eyes an emotion that is being blocked away. I know that look all too well when someone's wolf is trying to break through but we, the hosts, are usually too strong. And his wolf is trying to surface.