Chapter 17

The bad weather had passed a few days ago. As I listened to the birds singing to the rising sun I suddenly realized I'd never introduced myself to Kami and Mr. Popo. I doubt they expect me to. Do they even know I exist? But I felt so weird knowing I hadn't met them that I decided I needed to.

"Does Kami have a favorite water," I asked Piccolo as I ate my breakfast, "Oh, does Mr. Popo eat food?"

He didn't answer me at first, just stared at me confused as hell, "Why?"

"I haven't introduced myself to them and I wanted to bring them something as a sorry for not doing so sooner."

"Why do you think I would know any of that?"

"I dunno, I just thought I'd ask. You and Kami used to be the same person."

"I have no memories that time."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. I wonder what I'll do then?" I didn't ask him specifically, more just mused aloud.

"Just don't bring them anything. They won't care. In fact, just someone visiting will mean more than whatever you bring."

I groaned, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"When are you leaving?"

"Soon after I finish eating. Why, what's up?"

"Nothing. Just don't forget to train today. I know you haven't been taking your training seriously."

I stuck my tongue out at him and he gently pulled on my tongue. I jumped, putting my tongue back where it belonged in my mouth, bewildered. He laughed at me, ruffled my hair, and left to train.

Pulling my tongue felt so weirdly out of place. Did I do this by making him more comfortable with touch? Maybe he's just in a weird mood? Maybe I should ask him? Then I realized I can only bring it up once and I need to know if he's gonna keep doing it.

I tried to not think too hard about it as I finished eating and cleaned up. After doing a few more things I was ready to go. I spotted Piccolo meditating on a plateau by the house. I called out a goodbye, knowing he'd hear me, then I flew off to the Lookout.

Since I wasn't in any rush I took my time to enjoy the flight there, with music from my headphones of course. I flew over the farmer's land and waved, even though I knew he couldn't see me so high up. For a short while I flew with a flock of birds before we parted ways. I'm able to keep myself dry from water so a swam with a pod of dolphins, jumping out of the water like they do. Which is incredibly fun by the way.

Even when taking my time, flight is fast so I pulled up into the sky as I got close. I was going to say hello to Korin and Yajirobe on the way back. The Lookout appeared as I burst through a layer of clouds. I landed on the edge where the front was, by the ladder. Mr. Popo was watering the plants and I didn't see Kami, so I guessed he was inside.

"Hello Mr. Popo," I greeted, approaching him. He turned quickly to face me, surprised.

"O-oh, I didn't notice you arriving," he anxiously said. He was going to continue but we heard Kami's cane coming close.

"Ah, it's you," Kami mused, "You're the one that broke through Piccolo's heart."

A blush formed, "I dunno about that, I think Gohan did the hard work. But I wanted to introduce myself."

"You must be aware that we are two halves of the same person. But there was no need to introduce yourself because of that."

"Oh that's not why I wanted to introduce myself."

"Hm?"

"I don't think you know but I am directly connected to the Earth and work with them as their Warden. I wanted to let you know that Earth appreciates all the work you've done as Guardian. They see the toll it's taken on you and commends your hard and thankless work."