Chapter 8

I was awoken by knocking on the front door. I can't tell ki signatures when I first wake up yet so I wasn't sure who it could be. I threw my blanket off and padded out on the balls of my feet because the floor was cold. I opened the door to find Gohan and Chi-Chi.

"Oh, good morning Gohan. Good morning Chi-Chi," I greeted, stepping aside and letting them in.

"Good morning," he called back, walking into the house and sitting on the couch along the right wall. Chi-Chi had a small basket and she put it on the island.

"I brought you some of my food for when you're too tired to cook as a housewarming gift," Chi-chi explained as she unloaded containers of food. I put them away, thanking her.

"I'm sure I'll truly appreciate it if Piccolo decides to train me. Based on what Gohan said, I'll be too dead to cook."

"Is it true that he agreed to live with you?"

"Yeah, he just spends most of his time off training. I only saw him early yesterday and haven't seen him since. He's come back, but I haven't actually seen him. This place is probably more just a place to sleep than a home to him right now."

"I guess it must not be that bad if he's barely here."

"It's not bad when he is here? I wouldn't have offered a room to him if I didn't want him here. I never would have offered the same to Vegeta."

"That's a low bar."

"Doesn't change the fact that I asked Piccolo and not anyone else."

"Why did you ask him?"

I knew the question would come eventually but I still wasn't sure how to answer it. I stood there thinking about for I think too long because Chi-Chi just went straight for the kill.

"Do you like him?"

"Like I said I wou-"

"That's not what I meant and you know it."

I fiddled with the door handle of my fridge. I sighed heavily. "So what if I do? I know Namekians don't experience love or anything like we do. But, just being with him domestically like this is more than I could have asked for."

"Oh you're in deep." She gave me a pitiful look.

"Don't look at me like that. I knew what I was getting into," I leaned in so Gohan couldn't hear, "Besides I don't have a sexual drive so."

"I guess that makes it easier."

"Can we change the subject now? I'm done talking about how I live with Piccolo."

Chi-Chi laughed at my red face. We chatted for a bit longer over tea before she decided it was time for Gohan to study. I waved them goodbye and ate a small plate of her food for breakfast.

I grabbed my easel and a stack of paper, setting them outside next to the table. I did a quick look around the garden to make sure nothing is digging. Then I spent my day painting the scenery from different angles and times of day. Of course with my headphones on with some boppin music.

After the sun had set I began putting everything away. Piccolo landed by the house, but I was too busy picking up all my papers to greet him. I also couldn't hear him over my headphones, I just could sense him near.

I was under the table to grab a brush that had fallen. When I went to stand up, I whacked my head on the table, knocking my headphones off. I rubbed my head and grabbed my headphones, noticing Piccolo's shoes by the table.

"Hi Piccolo," I cheerfully greeted, "How was training today?"

"It was... good," he awkwardly answered. He's probably never been asked that. "Have you been painting all day?"

"Well after Gohan and Chi-Chi left, yeah. Why?"

He didn't answer me, just picking up a paper and looking at it.

"Do you like it?"

"I guess," he said super noncommittally, dropping the paper. I smiled at him.

"If there's anything I make that you really like just let me know and you can keep it. I won't be keeping most of these."

"Why not?"

"Well these are just practice paintings, being detached and willing to toss these helps me feel comfortable experimenting. Most of the rest will be given to Bulma for the art business she's been running for me. I tend to keep my personal favorites."

He listened intently. Man always looks so intense. He looked over my other paintings I was gathering. Then he asked if I wanted help putting everything back. I accepted his offer and thus managed to get things put away really quickly.

Afterwards he hopped into the shower and went into his room. I ate as he showered and went into the bathroom soon after to do the same. I went to bed, again to the sounds of nature outside.