Chapter 13

The days passed until Vegeta came back, around the time Goku was due back. That also meant that Frieza was also about to be on earth. Literally hours after Vegeta got on the planet I was told Frieza had entered the solar system by earth.

"Hey, Piccolo," I said, back to back with him meditating. "I thought I'd let you know that Frieza entered the solar system. He'll be here tomorrow."

He just hmm'd in response at first. "Wait, how do you or Earth know that?"

"Earth can talk to the other planets. Oh, and the sun."

"Is everything sentient?"

"The elements aren't. Rocks themselves don't speak, neither does water or the wind. But plants and animals certainly are to some extent. Every celestial body is sentient to some extent as well, I believe."

He hmm'd again, signaling the end of his side of the conversation. Sometimes the questions he asks opens a can of worms in my brain and I'll keep talking. I asked him to stop me if it ever annoys him, but he never really stops me. Unless it's in confusion on how I have either so much to say on one topic or how I'm now about 80 tracks off my original point.

Today I kept quiet. I was busy with Earth and mentally preparing for tomorrow. I needed to constantly monitor what was happening to make sure things went like they should. The anxious thought that it was really just an inevitability crept up.

I took a deep breath and decided that I would go in with that mindset. I just need to be prepared to take action when it happens. That way, it'll be a pleasant surprise if things do go right.

Comforted as I was by my own determination, I couldn't sit still with the planets all clamoring. So I forcefully cut that off and stood up, shaking my limbs. Piccolo looked up at me confused.

"Sorry the planets were driving me fucking nuts and I couldn't take it anymore." I stood staring in the direction Frieza was coming from and tapped my fingers on my leg. "I'm anxious, spar with me."

He squinted his eyes at me. "Normally I would have no problem, but something is bothering you."

"What do you think? It's Frieza. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to step in, but I have no idea where I stand against him. I have creativity in droves over him, that's for sure. However, that doesn't really do me much good if I am too far from him in power. Your creativity works not just because it's usually good, but because you aren't too far behind in the gap of power. I have no way to gauge how strong I am through ki so I'm just left with a bunch of questions."

He came to stand next to me while I spoke, a thoughtful expression on his face. After contemplating for a little bit he said, "I don't really know if I could answer how strong you are either. You've never really been in the real deal. Frieza may even be stronger than before."

"Thanks that really helps," I dryly replied.

"But you actually have something very important that he doesn't."

I hesitated, "Y-you?"

He frowned at me, "I don't like how unconfident you seem in me," I tried to backpedal but he just talked over me, "But the answer was actually immortality."

"Not... really? I can still die, it's just very difficult. Like let's say he decides to blow up the planet and we aren't strong enough to stop it. Nothing is living that."

"That's a pretty far extreme."

"He blew up Namek!"

"He won't start with blowing up Earth and, if we can, stall him for the hours until Goku arrives."

"I guess so. Trunks better show up and be up to the task. I swear if he of all people are late I'm gonna be so mad."

We stood in silence as the sun began to set. "Do you feel better?"

I sighed, "Yeah, I guess. Thank you."

He smiled at me, a comforting sight if there ever was one. I returned the smile.

My stomach growling cut the cute moment short, I groaned. "Eating and hunger is such a hassle. How do saiyans do it?"

I made and ate dinner with Piccolo's company. I assumed he wanted to rest just in case he has to fight tomorrow. We spent the evening and night doing our normal routine. A comfort to center us, mainly me, for tomorrow.