Chapter Thirty Four.

Start from the beginning

If I'm on high alert and on my toes everyone's gonna share the exact same anxious feeling. I don't care about anything nor anyone that isn't my wife at this point.

I turn to look behind me to see a nervous nurse standing at the doorway, afraid to even breathe the wrong way around me. I haven't exactly been the nicest since I got here.

I wave her in and she's quickly nodding her head and rushing over to the machines beside my wife's bed. She gets on the computer and starts checking her vitals, clicking away on the keyboard.

She turns around, looking in my direction. "D-do y-you need anything, Mr. Matteo? Can I get you something?"

I shook my head and asked, "you done?" Never taking my eyes off of my wife.

"Y-yes, blood pressure is still good. S-she's stable."

"Then get out," I gritted in between clenched teeth, looking up to look at her.

She glances down at the gun I have laying on the bed next to Hailey and is instantly nodding her head yes, quickly leaving the room.

I'm alone for about two minutes when there's another soft knock on the door and Dion's poking his head inside, walking in a moment later.

He walks over to me placing a hand on top of my shoulder, "how are you holding up man?"

I quickly shake his touch off of me not wanting to be bothered and sit up straight in the chair, "give it to me."

I hear him inhale a deep breath as I glance up at him and watch him nod his head. "He's fine, the bullet missed his heart and major nerves, they got it out, he should make a full recovery."

I nod, "he on this floor?"

"Yeah. Him and Cris. I was able to put both dumb dumbs in the same room thankfully."

I nod silently.  "Who's on Isaiah?"

"Your new favorite duo. Sacramento and MK."

I nod again. "Ric awake yet?"

"No, he was out when I stopped to check in, they both were... Ian wants access to the floor, KP."

I nod. "That's fine, put him with Beanie again then."

Dion nods, placing his hand back on my shoulder, "let me tell them about Aj."

I nod in agreement, "you can tell babycakes, let me be the one to break it to, Ric. David get an update on the second truck?"

"Yeah," he sighs. "It was still in the parking lot. Both men still inside, bullets in their heads. They're with the corners."

"I want the bodies, Dee. Those are my men, those bodies belong to me."

"I'll see what I can do.. David wants to see his daughter, KP."

"Yeah?" I answer silently, my blood immediately starting to boil. "You know what I want? Robsciotti's fucking head," I snarl.

Dion quickly looks in Hailey's direction as she begins to stir in her sleep.

He places a finger on his lips, shushing me, tilting his head towards the door, "let's take this outside, let's let her sleep for a bit."

I inhale a deep breath and grab my gun from the bed and get up from the chair.

Tucking my gun away I walk up to the bed and lean down to kiss my wife on her forehead, "I'm gonna fix this," I whisper. "This ends right here."

I place a second kiss on her forehead and follow Dion out of the room, and down the hall into the little waiting room where a handful of my men are on standby, guarding the entrance to the elevator.