--

Hyejin,

I want you to know that above everything else, I love you.

I didn't take you in because I felt sorry or because I felt obligated. I took you in because I love you. I guess all those car rides from the station just ended up with you wrapping me around your finger.

The last time I talked to Jiwoo on the phone was a month before you were in the station for stealing phones. She told me that things were hard with her and to just let you go. I told her that if there was a problem I would help her.

All she gave me was a name. Seongyu. When I asked her who that was, she told me to take care of you. Then, she hung up.

I don't know what the name means. I don't know who it is. But, I thought you should know.

I pushed too far at the barn. I was desperate to keep everyone, especially you, safe. But, I think I just stressed you all out and caused a panic.

Before everything happened, I was trying to get you to move out. Not because I needed space.. but because I wanted you to grow into your full potential. I felt like I was weighing you down the longer I held on.

The night when you, Otis, and I went on that run, I helped you out of the window. I hesitated when I held you. I nearly got killed by that walker because I wouldn't let you drop.

Seeing you trust me so much and not worry about me holding you two stories high made me think about how hard I pushed you to become independent.

I then realized that the reason I weighed you down and held on was that I couldn't let you go.

I couldn't let go of you in the real world. I couldn't let go of you from that window.

I still can't let go. So, I think it's best that I leave.

The situation with Lori and Rick is getting out of hand. Lori and Rick need to raise that baby. I need to be out of their way.

I need to be out of your way.

I've been planning this for a while. I thought about asking you to come with me, but.. now I know that I can't keep holding you down. Andrea is coming with me because she also needs the space.

Don't look for us. Don't come after me.

You need to grow on your own. You're ready to stand on your own two feet.

I'm sorry if I hurt you more by doing this.

- Shane

--

The barn was the downfall of everything.

All of the guns firing brought that herd down on us.

We lost Dale.

We lost Otis and Jimmy.

Before the herd hit, Shane and Andrea disappeared.

Those of us who made it off the farm barely survived.

Then, we had to come to terms with what we had lost. The people we lost. And the two that left before the chaos.

When things settled back on the highway, we tried to regroup and think of a plan.

The emotions of Shane leaving and barely surviving were so high that it was hard for me to think straight.

And just when I had thought things couldn't take a bigger turn, I was sitting with Carl on the side of the road.

I looked at the clover he had found just hours before the madness.

Then, deep in my stomach, I felt a little butterfly.

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

YOU THINK YOU KNOW MY NEXT MOVE

I DONT EVEN KNOW MY NEXT MOVE