I layed slumped against the seat admiring it all when Charles glanced towards me "So, what do you think of it all so far?"

"It's beautiful, I can't believe I've never been here before" I turned my head to gaze at him with a lazy smile tugging on my lips.

"Well I'm glad I get to be the one to experience it with you"

"I wouldn't wanna experience this city with anyone else" I replied with a small smile. To my left I'd suddenly spotted a small cafe called 'Lucy's' I didn't know why but I felt drawn to it. I had to check it out. Plus the long haul flight had left me parched and in need of some relaxation.

"Wait"

Charles looked at me quickly clearly confused about my sudden instruction.

"That coffee shop there" I pointed to our left "can we just make a pit stop there"

"Yeah course"

A few minutes later we'd found ourselves sat across from each other after ordering our drinks. The shop was exquisite inside and uniquely designed. Origami flowers all different types and colours hung from the ceiling really brightening up the room. Me and Charles both looked content in each others company as I clutched my coffee cup occasionally taking a small sip. And for some reason we couldn't keep our eyes off each other.

"What are you staring at?" I laughed lightly

He narrowed his eyes realising I'd caught him completely off guard.

"I'm staring at you"

"Funny. I meant why are you staring at me?"

He shrugged taking a swig from his cup "Just realised how much I've missed you over the past two months. It hasn't been the same without you"

As much as I tried to stop it I couldn't help but grin at him "you have such a soft spot for me"

"You have no idea" He muttered.

"Well I suppose I've missed you too even if those two months were quite peaceful"

A real laugh escaped him as he chucked a napkin at my forehead "You suppose? Here I was about to tell you that I had a lot of time to think whilst we was apart and i realised how important you are too me"

The way he was instantly honest nearly sent me toppling. I didn't know what to say. His words hadn't made sense at first. But when they did I was left speechless. All I could do was gaze at him in despair. And he'd noticed that. So to save me from saying anything he gestured for me to drink up so we could get back to the hotel.

Grand beach hotel. That was the name of the place we happened to be staying in. And when he pulled up to a more discrete carpark I gazed up out the window at the tall staggered white building before me, Whilst Charles busied himself taking the keys out the ignition and rolling down his window to pass them to the valet that was approaching.

"Is it possible to wait a second sir I'm just waiting to hear back on the parking situation around the corner"

"Of course take your time"

I turned my head back towards Charles who had dropped back against his seat unbuckling his seatbelt. So I tried to do the same only my seatbelt had suddenly jammed itself.

"Here let me, sometimes it takes some force" Charles said as he slowly leant his body across me to attend to it. His hand brushed softly against mine that was casually placed on the armrest separating us. Probably for reasons like this. I didn't know what to do, where to look or what to bloody think. My mind was doing cartwheels, my heart had left my body and I was just left holding my breath hoping it'd be over quickly.

𝘍𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 | Charles Leclerc On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara