Chapter 3

It's been a couple of weeks since Monae and Tyren got arrested. Yesterday was Monae and Tyren's bail hearing. Monae was able to get out on bail but Tyren didn't receive a bond.

Monae put the phone to her ear as she looked Tyren through the glass window. She could tell her wasn't in a good mood at all.

"How are you?", asked Monae.

"How's Kylan?", asked Tyren.

"I get him tomorrow. The only thing is, if I'm guilty then I lose custody", said Monae.

"You'll be fine", said Tyren.

"What about you?", asked Monae.

"I don't know right now", said Tyren. "It's just a lot of shit going on. As you can see, it doesn't look good."

"How about plan B?", asked Monae.

"The lawyer didn't get to that yet.", said Tyren.

Monae looks down. Tyren could tell she was worried. She hadn't seen Monae worried like this in a long time.

"Bae, at the end of the day if I get sentenced or not, as long as you're good that's all that matters", said Tyren.

Monae looks at Tyren.

"I met Caleb's sister. Well I guess she's his real sister...but anyway she said he did all of this", asked Monae.

"How?", asked Tyren.

"I guess it was already in the works", said Monae.

"Where did you see his sister?", asked Tyren.

"In my cell. I only saw her once before the guard took her out", said Monae.

"...was she locked up and was she just able to come in there to talk to you?", asked Tyren.

"She had on the jumpsuit", said Monae.

"But it's not a coincidence that y'all end up in the same cell", said Tyren.

"I don't know", said Monae with a sigh. "I don't know anymore. This is just too much."

"Monae something ain't right", said Tyren. "We got the sister knowing somebody on the inside to be able to do some shit like that? Meaning Caleb knew somebody on the inside."

"What you tryna say? You think Caleb has been working with somebody all this time? Baby, he was in some deep illegal shit. Why would he even be rat?", asked Monae.

"Rats gotta play their part too", said Tyren. "Even if they don't know what the fuck they're talking about."

"...let's just change the subject", said Monae.

"Why? You know something I don't?", asked Tyren. "For all I know, this could be all you."

"Are you serious right now?", asked Monae. "I got arrested too."

"You know what...I'm sorry", said Tyren. "I'm just paranoid."

"Got to me. Tyren we just got married, I'm your wife. I had the past years have been rough but when have I ever betrayed you?", asked Monae.

"...never", said Tyren.

"Exactly. Don't ever question me like that again", said Monae. "I'm going to talk to the lawyer after this and when your trail date comes, you will get out"

"...and if I don't?", asked Tyren.

"That shouldn't even be a question. We have one of the best lawyers in the country", said Monae.

"Mo, it's a possibility though. It is. And if I don't get out of here I don't want you waiting on me", said Tyren.

Monae got quiet.

"It's your turn to be selfish and think about your feelings and wants and not mine.", said Tyren.

"Nobody would ever take your place", said Monae. "Nobody is going to be you will never leave that place. You are not guilty."

Tyren didn't say anything.

Monae sighs. "I have to go okay", said Monae.

"Be good", said Tyren.

"I'll try my best", said Monae with a smile. "I love you"

"I love you too", said Tyren.

Monae puts the phone back and stands up. Tyren watches her as she leaves.

After meeting with Tyren, Monae called their lawyer for an update. The lawyer is supposed to bribe the judge with 500,000 dollars so that he can plead Tyren and Monae not guilty. The lawyer basically said he was working on it.

Monae walks into the house and puts her keys down on the table and shuts the door. Suddenly somebody came put their arm around her neck from behind.

Monae grabbed their arm trying to pull it off her neck.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. I got a little message for you", he said.

The guy put something over Monae's nose and mouth and she began to pass out.

When Monae woke up, she immediately stood up. That's when she saw a piece of paper on the floor.

She picked it up before rushing through the house to search to see if the guy was still there. When she realized he wasn't, she read the note.

📝 NOTE: I hope you like my little gift to you. Being able to walk around free until the trial feels good doesn't it? I can't say the same for your husband. Let's just say, if you thought this situation was bad, think again.

"Ain't no way", Monae said under her breath.

TO BE CONTINUED...