23

Chapter Twenty-Three

Leah

Something warm and bright filters through the window, waking me from a decadent dream. A certain blond-haired stud was holding me tightly in my bed after spending hours worshiping me. It was glorious, and I'm not ready to give that up yet.

I want to go back to sleep and fall back into that dream. Maybe dream Landon will take me again after we both catch our breath.

My body rebels, refusing me that simple luxury, making me whine quietly like a petty bitch.

Damn it.

A heavy weight shifts against my back, startling my eyes open. For a second, I'm frozen, wondering where I am. Then it hits me- I'm in my apartment, cuddled up on my couch with my blond-haired hero.

Landon came for me last night. He answered my call, giving me far more than I asked for when he showed up outside my door, volunteering to stay with me through the storm.

My heart warms at the memory. I was petrified until he arrived. I think I would have been okay if he'd just stayed on the line with me, but he went above and beyond. My heart almost burst when I opened my door to find him standing there. A real-life knight in shining armor.

My knight in shining armor.

When he doesn't move again, I chance a look at him. He's still fast asleep, holding onto me tightly, keeping me safe from the storm that's long gone. I can't help the smile that spreads across my face at that fact.

For several long minutes, I lay there watching him, counting his breaths as he snoozes peacefully. It's his day off if I remember correctly, so I'm in no rush to wake him and pull us out of our happy little bubble.

I adjust my body carefully on his chest, trying hard not to wake him as I give myself a better view of his handsome face. Even relaxed he's made of layers of hard muscle. I can feel his abs under his shirt and take a second to appreciate all eight of them.

As a dreamy sound slips from my lips I tense, looking up to see if it's woken him up. To my immense surprise, it hasn't. Luckily. Slowly I settle back on his torso, content to lay here with him while he sleeps.

When he starts to move, I tense, waiting for him to open his eyes and catch me staring at him. His arms slide up and down my back as he wiggles beneath me. It only takes a few seconds before his eyes crack open and he leaves his dreams behind.

Once he sees me, a wide grin spreads over his lips and mine grows to mimic it. God, he's beautiful in the morning. Especially after coming to my rescue in my anxiety-ridden state last night. My beautiful, brave hero. Sigh.

"Well, good morning, gorgeous," he rasps, the sleep in his voice only makes him sexier.

Heat floods my cheeks in response. "Good morning, handsome," I murmur, trying to hide my face in his chest.

"How'd you sleep?"

My fingers dance along his torso as I answer, "Very well. All thanks to you."

His arms wrap around me in a hug, no doubt remembering my shaken state when I first called him. I'm not sure what it is about thunderstorms that get to me, but it's been a phobia of mine since I was a kid. I just can't seem to kick it.

"I'll gladly chase away your fears during every storm going forward, babe." Landon's words hit me right in the feels and I melt for the man who's now saved me from myself more times than I'm willing to admit.