alex x yn part 18

trigger warnings: alcohol and tobacco depictions

you hold in a gasp and descend into the first room you find, too scared to move in the darkness with the fear that you may run into something.

there's rustling in the kitchen, when she calls out, "alex!"

you recognize that voice.

slowly stepping out of the room into the dark hallway, you stare at the girl and let out a scream. she immediately turns towards you, almost dropping the glass.

"YN!"

"LILLY?"

you run out of the shadows to your best friend.

"why are you-what are you doing here??" panic of losing your best friend rushes through you. are her and alex having an affair?

"i didn't know you were gonna be here, oh! i'm so stupid i should've-ugh alex is gonna killlll me," she cries, "this isn't what it looks like, i-we aren't doing anything i-oh my god."

she sinks onto the floor, out of words.

"i was on a business trip, alex offered to let me stay over for a night or two before my next flight i-why are you here?"

you ignore her question.

"why didnt you just ask to stay with me?"

she lets out a stressed laugh. "i assumed you were too busy with your boyfriend."

"boyfriend or not you could always stay over! you bought half of the apartment what are you on about i-" you join her on the floor behind the counter. a moment later, the door unlocks and alexs boots hit the wood floor.

you and lilly look at each other, not moving.

"oh shite," he mutters to himself, "YN!"

"L-LILLY," he adds, as if scared to say her name just in case she wasn't really here, and her luggage just landed itself in his apartment.

you jump up first, catching alexs eye. he looks so helpless with bags of food in his hands, staring at the room around him. his mouth is gaped open, but no words are coming out.

"here, let me help you with that," you usher, grabbing the bags from his hands. he stands still and stares at the counter you appeared from.

he quickly walks over, peering across the table. you hear lilly let out a pained giggle and get up. she looks as if she's worried alex will rip her head off.

"hey," she croaks. he just looks at her.

"did you just walk in?" he asks.

"well you told me to and i didn't know she was going to be here-" alex stops her and turns to you, "we aren't hooking up," then turns back to lilly.

you scoff at his pathetic reassurance and continue to watch them go back and forth at each other.

"that's fair," alex admits.

"hey, where's allen?" lilly asks. alex turns to me, his facing rushing red. you walk over to the light switch and flip it on, illuminating both of your faces.

"JESUS CHRIST WHAT-" she shouts, examining your face.

"have ye not seen your phone?"

lilly shakes her head, pulling her phone from one of the bags. "i haven't checked it at all since i got on the plane," she says.

she takes a few minutes to open her news app, her face quickly turning pale. i look over her shoulder, wanting to see the pictures.

they're terrible and great at the same time, they look like a choreographed fight scene. alexs hair flies in front of him and he lurches back with a glass bottle dug into his chest, allen slipping along the sidewalk. lilly scrolls down to the next photo, which you're in.

your hands are placed on alexs face, holding him close. you were only looking at his wounds, but from a manipulated picture it looked as if you were kissing him right in front of your boyfriend. and that's exactly how they saw it. the comments and captions flood the website, you look away before you get sick.

"where's allen," she repeats, quieter this time. she's mad now.

"i think he's in holding, unless someone bailed him out already," alex says. she looks at you, her face completely unreadable.

she pulls out a chair at the table and sits down. putting her head down and looking up and you and alex. "are you going to let him out," she breathes, barely a whisper.

you look over at the clock. it was 10:32pm, and lilly must be jet-lagged out of her mind.

alex turns to you, lilly falling asleep more and more every second there's silence.

"i can take her if you want, she has a room in my apartment," you whisper.

"er yeah if you wouldn't mind. i'm sure she'd rather that than my settee," he replies, looking over at the sad settee with smushed pillows and entwined blankets, "i'll drive you."

"we can get a cab, you're probably under a lot of fire by the press right now. best you stay in."

"you are too, plus i just went and got food and it was fine," he makes a good point. you gasp at the thought of food.

"i forgot about the food," you laugh. opening a takeaway box you see fries tossed around a burger, sauce spilling over the bun and patty.

"oh shit i might take this," you say. he smiles and nods, picking up some of lilly's bags.

she's out cold now, one arm sprawled across the marble countertop. you put the burger down and grab the rest of her bags and your purse, following alex.

the hallway to the lobby is silent, alexs footsteps muffled by the carpet. he's on the top floor, so you opt for the elevator. he helps you bring lilly's suitcase in, leaning against the wall as the doors close. you stand across from him as he looks down and picks a piece of lint off of his shirt.

he looks up and meets your gaze, sending a wave of guilt through you.

"i'm sorry about allen," you begin, "i never thought it would get that out of hand he's gone completely mad i mean he could've killed you-"

you're cut off by a snort from alex, and he pushes his spare pair of aviators up the bridge of his nose.

"i think 'kill me' is a little theatrical," he says.

"oh really," you counter, crossing your arms, "then why is it that you're the one with the jacked up face and band-aid?"

the elevator jerks to a stop before he answers, the door opening to the lobby. the secretary spins around, her face strained.

"oh please mr. turner don't go out there! they're madmen, i-they'll kill you!"

you let out a laugh at the irony of her saying that, earning a glare from the older woman.

"i'll manage jo, thank you love," he replies.

once you guys leave the building, you break out into a grin again.

"fucks sake," he breathes, pulling you to the side of the car. flashes blind you through the window.

"watch out alex, they'll kill you," you whine with sarcasm. he rolls his eyes at you and lowers himself so far that hes sitting on the road in desperate attempts not to be seen.

"ALEX! ALEX!" one paparazzi shouts a few feet away from the car. you join him in the ground, turning you head to him. this is very amusing.

"alex! alex!" you whisper to him, mimicking the high pitched voice.

he slaps his hand over your mouth, "please shut up yn," he pleads. the paparazzi has walked away now, but you stay out of view for a few more seconds just in case. right before you two get up, a groggy looking lilly toddles out of the apartment doors, hair sprawled across her face.

she looks up and down between you and alex, and her bags in the trunk of his car.

"sorry, am i interrupting?"