alex x yn part 6

trigger warnings: tobacco, alcohol depictions, vomit

you feel your phone vibrating under you, causing you to wake just slightly. you roll over to reveal the lit up screen. you rub your eyes to focus, struggling to read the name of the person calling you.

alex.

why was he calling you right now? why was he calling you ever?

it'd been months. tour was long over, so was whatever you two had with each other. you'd been in the taxi, but the taxi man had interrupted, breaking your kiss. you smiled, but he looked regretful. he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and quickly scrambled out of the car, walking into the restaurant.

that night you both had to share a room, but you ended up sleeping on the chair next to the tv.

"i-i-i don't fancy ye like that, yn. i don't know what that was but it wasn't supposed to happen and-and wer not going anywhere with this," was his reply when you asked him what happened. it hurt for a while, but eventually you got over it. you still worked for them though, it wasn't right to quit on the other boys when they'd not done anything wrong.

so you continued to tolerate alex, recording for the band in studio performances or photo shoots. you'd barely spoken to him. you hadn't even seen him for a few weeks, as the tour was over and you weren't really needed. so why was he calling you at 5:05 in the morning? it was still dark out for christ sake. being mildly concerned, you pick up.

the first thing you hear is tens of people screaming and shouting over booming club music.

"alex?" you say. you hear shuffling on the other end, then the music fading out.

"ello! yn?" he slurs his words, clearly wasted out of his mind.

"i've been thinkin'...i don't actually dislike ya, i just cant be with..with you and i actually-" he is cut off by the sound of him violently getting sick, gagging and coughing.

"holy shit alex where are you?" you cry out. you're on your feet now, pacing back and forth on the plush carpet in your apartment. you suck your teeth in annoyance when he doesn't reply.

"ok fine. just stay on the phone okay? don't hang up on me," you urge. you open his contact  on messages and check his location. he was at onyx, one of the bigger clubs in town.

you pull on the first shoes you find-in this case it was your converse-and grab the black leather jacket from the coat rack. you don't have time to change out of the silk slip dress that you sleep in, but you dont much care.

• • •

once you pull into the packed parking lot of the club, you run inside, holding your breath as you swing open the glass door. it smells of sweat and smoke, and alcohol spilled on clothing.

"ALEX WHERE ARE YOU?" you shout into the phone speaker. in response you get the sound of a metal door slamming and water running, leading you to assume he was in the bathroom.

you mutter a few excuse me's as you push through the crowd, the body heat and flashing lights mixed with the stress causing you to feel dizzy.

you're in the dead center of the crowd when you realize you don't know where the bathroom even is.

"oi, ye know where the bathrooms are?" you ask the person closest to you. he turns around, smiling.

"just over there," he says, pointing. you nod a quick thanks, and quickly make your way in that direction. practically running. you finally make it to the restroom, but instinctively turn back around the moment you smell it. a few guys are in the corner smoking weed, and others getting blow jobs in the stalls. you walk past each one, calling to alex.

you're about to give up when you hear someone at the last stall, coughing up their organs. you run over, pushing the door open. his back is to you and he's on his knees, covered in a thick layer of sweat.

"alex," you breathe. he turns around, locking eyes with you. he stands up, hobbling towards you with his arms outspread.

"n-nope nope nope," you say, putting your hand on his shoulder to stop him. hes still covered in absolutely vile substances. he falls onto the wall, sliding down it until he's on the floor again.

you sit down next to him, pulling the water bottle you brought out of your purse. you open it and bring it to his mouth, letting him sip a little.

"alex we have to leave, can you get up?" he just giggles to himself, and you groan. you get back up and sling him around your shoulder like a dead body. he drags his feet, not even attempting to walk. it's awkward, passing the group of men, but they're all higher than a kite and probably won't remember shit by tomorrow.

now walking through the crowd is doubly hard. youre about to collapse when you feel all of alexs weight lifted off of you. you look over and see the man that directed you to the bathroom. you hadn't noticed how incredibly robust he was until he picks up alex like it's nothing.

"oh thank you," you cry, leading him to the car.

• • •

the key fumbles in the lock as you try to balance alex in one arm, but you eventually make it in. you toss your keys onto the kitchen counter and drag alex onto the couch. it was already 5:45am, but he was finally asleep. the sick sticks to his clothes, but it wasn't right for you to take them off while he was asleep to wash them, so you force yourself to work with it. you open all the windows and decide sleep wasn't an option, so you begin making a pot of coffee and cut some fruit for alex when he wakes up.

youre in the midst of pouring a cup of coffee when your phone begins to ring. you see matt's name plastered onto the screen, and you answer.

"hey," you say.

matts voice is strained and panicked as he replies, "i'm so sorry bout this yn, but none of the lads have seen alex since early yesterday and he ain't pickin up the goddamn phone and i know ye aren't on real good terms but i was just wonderin if ye knew where he was."

"yeah matt," you mutter, "he called me drunk last night from onyx, i picked him up. hes sleepin here now." matt lets out a relieved sigh, then continues.

"i can come get him in a little, i'm at studio right now."

"yeah, i'll call you when he wakes up and gets his shit together."

a few hours later alex finally begins to wake, catching your attention. you stop folding your clothes, checking on him. theres a thick tension in the air as he turns and looks at you.

"holy fuck," he groans. you get up, handing him the plate you made for him.

"hey," you say bluntly with your arms crossed.

he doesn't touch the food. "where's miles? matt? nick? jamie? any of them?"

"my thoughts exactly turner. so, that leads me to wonder,"

he looks up at you, curious.

"why'd you only call me when you're high?"