alex x yn part 16

trigger warnings: alcohol and tobacco depictions, violent scenes (ex. blood, punching, hitting, etc.)

i'm distraught and i'm scared. i have a napkin and a pen but i don't do anything meaningful. i scratch squiggles along the paper. i cant articulate thoughts right now, barely even complete sentences.

a few other people occupy seats near me, but it's still early afternoon. i'm not drinking for once, i'm just sitting. the bartender keeps looking over at me but i'm waiting for him to get the message that i won't be ordering and i don't think he should tempt me because i'm really trying not to.

leaving yn's apartment complex was hell in a few little flashy cameras, and they must've seen allen walk in. i tried to compose myself before walking through the street, but i know i didn't do a very good job.

what happened after i left, i wouldn't know. maybe she got into a fight with him and broke up with him, or they make up and make out. i try not to think too hard about the latter.

i stare at the scribble and decide to keep it, stuffing it into my leather pocket. i see a few people turn around when a loud drunk comes tumbling into the bar, breathing with much effort and grabbing onto walls to hold himself up. i don't bother looking over until i see people looking at me, then back at him, then me again.

i turn around to see allen eerily close to my face, the smell of hot whiskey and cigar smoke radiating off of him. a nearly empty bottle of something dark swings around in his hand, sliding out of his grip from sweat. even in his state, he keeps impressive eye contact.

"let's get ye out of here," i mutter. the insatiable urge to to take the bottle and crush it over his head is overwhelming, but i gingerly steer him out of the bar, using his body to slightly aggressively open the door. this amuses me.

an empty car, which i assume it his, is some form of "parked" diagonally along the side of the road.

"you have some fucking issues to sort out and until then-you-you stay away from yn and keep yer nose out our business," allen shouts into my ear as if he wasn't close enough.

i ignore him and continue dragging him into his car. my lack of attention angers him, and you're not supposed to anger anyone who's as dead drunk as him.

he stops having down the sidewalk, swinging his bottle so hard that some spills out onto his leather jacket. no matter, i doubt it's real anyways.

"FUCKING ANSWER ME!"

i duck my head when people begin looking over at us.

"i'll talk to you when you're sober."

this is not the right thing to say to him.

the moment i see it, it's already happened. he swings the glass bottle against my stomach, heaving me into his car. the metal strikes me against my back, and the force causes me to lurch forward so much so that my aviators fall off of my face and about a meter in front of me on the ground.

allen steps forward and crushes them, and shoves the bottle in my face again, bashing it against my nose.

i let out a cry that's a mixture of "FUCK" and some other words that shouldn't be so publicly announced. about ten people stand across the street watching, but doing ultimately nothing but holding their cameras. before he hits me again, i push him off and try to walk away.

i'm being pathetic by doing this, but he's being even more pathetic by having such a fight in public. he is not a primary school student, he is an adult and he needs to act like one.

i'm a few meters down the sidewalk, my nose dripping blood, when allen throws himself at me again. my face lands on the concrete of the sidewalk and the pressure of hitting the ground nearly knocks the wind out of me. my cheek slams against the ground and scrapes off my skin, the wound burning.

i stagger back up, throwing my hands in front of me every time he swings his uncoordinated fist my way. when he's tired himself out, he turns to verbal attack. as if he's only just noticed the onlookers, he screams, "GET OUT! LEAVE! GET THE FUCK OUT!"

the aggression in his voice makes me want to run down the road with them, as they give up their filming to get out of allen's sights.

he turns to the street when a cab comes up the street, screeching to a stop in front of the bar. yn jumps out of the back seat, saying something to the driver and paying him as he drives off, then running to the bar. she's halfway down the entrance when she realizes we're outside.

she stares at me as i grab the bottle from allen's hands and tossing it into the nearby trash can whilst backing away from him. she's pale with stress as she runs towards us.

"ALEX!"

allen finally notices her, stopping and staring until she reaches us.

she runs up to me, putting both of her hands on either side of my face, tilting my head up to look at my bleeding nose and disheveled hair.

"oh alex.."

"he's fine yn, let him throw a few punches," allen slurs, still approaching us. i feel dizzy, my stomach still churning from him ramming his fist and a bottle against it. maybe it's from yn being so close, running directly past her boyfriend to make sure i'm okay. i don't typically believe in going after girls in relationships, but this could be an exception; right?

far down the road i hear the faint whine of police sirens, probably doing their runs. but they will come up this street in the next few minutes. maybe sooner if someone had specially called for them, seeing a bar fight break out.

allen moves yn to the side, breaking the barrier between him and i. he steps up to me and grabs the collar of my jacket, pulling me towards him. i lurch forward every time he makes contact with my stomach, feeling tears fill my eyes. i fruitlessly swat his hand away, getting my hands punched as well.

my vision is blurry with blood and tears as i open my eyes for a moment, looking down at his fist, red and bruised from punching my face as well.

i look up at the exact moment yn heaves toward allen, swinging her fist against the side of his head with full force.

his head dips to the side, letting go of me and stumbling to the edge of the sidewalk.

he's still stumbling around the sidewalk when the police car pulls up, a cop running out of his patrol car.

"is everyone here okay?" he commands, looking at the shape of me. allen advances on the cop, breathing hot, heavy breathes against his face.

"yes...sir, just collecting my girlfriend," allen slurs, reaching for yn. she visibly recoils, moving closer to me.

"allen. i am not going with you."

he stares at her for a few moments, sweat dripping down his face and heaving chest.

suddenly he screams, reaching for her hair and striking her across the face with the back of his hand, his rings slicing open along her skin.

i was standing to the side, trying to catch my breath again, but as this i run up to allen. i grab him just as the cop does, pulling him away from yn.

my hair is fallen in front of my face in multiple spots now, and the blood from my nose drips onto my split lip.

"don't you fucking touch either of us."

the cop ushers allen into the back of his car, who doesn't resist anymore, the alcohol catching up to him.

"alex is he going to jail? we can't-"

i walk up to her, carefully wrapping my arms around her and running my hands down her hair that got pulled and snagged by allen.

"shh its fine...we'll worry about it later," i whisper.