Epilogue

If you would have asked me a year ago that I would find love again, I would be so denying the fact, and we all know how it took me a while to warm up to the idea of being in love with Ashlyn. Our connection became so inseparable after that slow dance in my living room. We made dinner together, she works beside me in the shop, and we aren't afraid of anything together.

It is hard to believe that in a few hours I will be proposing to her in my coffee shop of all places and in front of our regular customers. Ashlyn has become the love of my life and I can't see my life without her. I did start therapy six months into our relationship because I didn't want our life to fall apart because I couldn't let go of the past that Rachel had on me. You will be surprised to find out that Tia has also became a part of our lives too and another best friend. Ariel isn't a bad person at all even though I wish Shayne would have said something about them in the beginning though that is also my fault too for tuning out the world around me.

"Gather around everyone! It is time for Juliet to make a special announcement that will be changing in a matter of moments." Shayne announced around the coffee shop. "We will have a celebration afterwards."

I ran over to Shayne whispering in her ear, "I thought we agreed after everyone left."

Shayne laughed and whispered back, "Just get it over with. Our customers deserve to know too."

Just what I needed my best friend still taking charge of my decisions on this whole engagement party but it is now or never it seems. Before I could gather encouragement I turned around to find Ashlyn with a box and ring in her hand on one knee.

"Our relationship started out rocky, Juliet. You may run away from everything that scares you. Nothing is changing my feelings for you. You are the one I see day and night with. The one I want to hold on too. What do you say? Will you marry me?" Ashlyn said in a shaky voice.

I looked over at Shayne, Ariel, Tia, and everyone else with alarm bells going off that she is proposing to me. It was supposed to be me doing this to her. Shayne gave me a wink and nudge me to go ahead with my own in return.

"This isn't how I planned this. I am wanting to marry you too as you can see I have an engagement ring as well." I didn't know how else to react let alone handle this out loud but we both laughed and put each other's rings on one another then kissed with a slow passion and giggles in between.

We raised our hands in the air as everyone cheered. That is when Ariel and Tia brought out white and red wine for everyone with a rainbow flag to surround the couple with. It became the best celebration that everyone stayed around for.

--

We didn't stay for the whole party so we decided to go sneaking off to her place and away from the noise. I had messaged Shayne as a friendly reminder to close the shop when everyone leaves. We didn't change anything when we went to her place besides my stuff being moved in and that Shayne an Ariel will be taking over my apartment on top of the coffee shop it is agreement that worked because we are still within walking distance and I can open on my own free will with my now fiancee on the team too.

"I never thought I would be engaged to marry at all. Let alone to you. Ashlyn, this is amazing." I said not realizing that she was in her own world too.

"Juliet, babe, it is all good. You may not have been the easiest person to be around but I can't see my happiness anywhere else but you. I love you!" Ashlyn replied proudly.

"I love you too, sweetheart." I responded with my own pride.

I squeezed her hand in mine and we cuddled together on her couch where I didn't think my happiness would be with her in all the years of a happy ending I have with Ashlyn. I can't wait to see what our future holds.

The End