Chapter 6

"Ashlyn, I can't do this. You have to let me leave." I said with panic in my voice.

"Juliet, we agreed to a weekend together, it is Saturday and you need to enjoy yourself. I won't force you to stay but I want to know you more. Please have breakfast at least then if you wish to go home then I will take you back but let us finish out the weekend before you make a final decision." Ashlyn pleaded with tears streaming down her face.

I let out a big sigh then went to the dining room table where Ashlyn sat the plates of food and our coffees. I didn't say anything else though panic in my system told me to evacuate the premises immediately. I would glance up at Ashlyn every now and then as she was still trying to put herself back together. I didn't mean to make her cry over my reaction to Shayne and Ariel's life.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for overreacting to Shayne and Ariel." I said in a low voice.

"Juliet, I do question your surroundings if you have no idea what is going on between them two? How much have you missed being trapped in your own mind?" Ashlyn asked as she fidgeted with her napkin.

"Now that I wasn't prepared for a question from someone who doesn't say much about herself either. And yet, here we are." I replied biting the inside of my cheek realizing I am getting out of line.

"Wow! Juliet this isn't what I expected for asking a question. No, I am not an open book that is honest on my part but I am willing to answer anything you want to know." Ashlyn responded in defense.

I didn't bother finishing my breakfast so I went next to the door, put on my boots and left her place without another word. I couldn't get myself to admit that I am in the wrong also trapped in my mind most days. I won't lie, I did it a lot growing up and my parents had issues with me not focusing on what is in front of me. After going down three flights of stairs without having Ashlyn following me. Before I could leave the complex fully with a startled my cell phone went off and I pulled it out to read who it was from.

Shayne: Ashlyn texted me that you have left her after having a wonderful night together. Why, Juliet, why?

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and decided to go back to my shop since it wasn't far from Ashlyn's place at least I assumed. I wanted to go back to Ashlyn but I was afraid of what could happen if I did. Ashlyn didn't deserve someone like me who isn't fully aware of their surroundings.

--

Reaching the coffee shop with my feet sore and my body aching from walking. I couldn't wait to get inside so I could have a hot shower and relax. That seemed far-fetched when I saw that Shayne's car was around the corner also meaning she let herself inside to the shop. I wanted to scream in frustration but it wasn't anyone's fault but my own. I walked inside to find Shayne with Ariel sitting at the table holding hands, damn it, Ashlyn was right on them being a couple.

"Look who ran away from Ashlyn? Seriously? You have been crushing on her for several months. You actually got a date with her and ruined it?" Shayne complained in a whiny voice.

"Why does it matter what goes on with my life Shayne? We disagreed on something that I wasn't aware of and now I know that she was speaking the truth." I replied hating myself for this confrontation.

"JULIET, wake the fuck up! Ashlyn is worried about you and is wanting you back to fix everything including whatever the hell it is you two fought about." Shayne yelled at Juliet.

I mumbled in a whisper barely audible. "We argued about you and Ariel." As I waited for Shayne to respond and I didn't dare want to look her straight in the face either.

"Say that again?" Shayne asked gently from the anger she had not that long ago.

"We argued about you and Ariel being in a relationship that I fully wasn't aware of." I admitted out loud though Ariel's expression didn't help matters either. Ariel looked like she could kill me for not knowing the obvious.

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOUR BEST FRIEND IS A FUCKING IDIOT AND DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT US AT ALL?!" Ariel yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Woah, Ariel, calm down. I have told you many times that she is in her head a lot of times and doesn't pay attention to those around her. It is fine. I should have told her." Shayne explained, looking like she felt guilty for not saying anything.

"You can't protect her all the time, Shayne. She needs to get her head out of her ass and pay attention to everything. We all knew for months about Ashlyn crushing on her and the same with her. Now all of sudden because they brought up us, they aren't even lasting because SHE ran away." Ariel replied pointing right at me.

I felt so bad for starting a whole argument between the two of them because of how I am. I wanted to retreat to my apartment to get away from them but I did this. I made this stupid argument happen. All I could do was watch then without any warning all of us stared at Ashlyn who came into the shop out of breath. I couldn't help wanting to stand back and let her have at me like Shayne and Ariel did for being so stuck in my head. Though I shouldn't be surprised if Ariel told her where I ended up while me and Shayne were beefing it out.

"You are one lucky lady that I am willing to chase after you each time." Ashlyn said out of breath.

I wanted to keep it to myself but I spoke. "You don't have to chase me or anything. I have managed well enough on my own."

"JULIET!" All three said at once.

I laughed so hard that I nearly fell onto the floor because they said my name at once.