9

ᴏᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

A bright grin spread upon her face, her eyes holding a light that was beyond anything her best friend had seen in before. She was happy.

Onika was known to be lovesick. She needed to feel these emotions, she longed for it, desperately desired it. She fell fast and hard, which in the past had lead to only heartache and pain, but this time she was not afraid of such an outcome. Beyoncé wouldn't hurt her like the others.

But it didn't mean she didn't have other fears.

She was soft. Even with where she was born, where she was raised, Onika had never been known to fight or cause problems. She was always the one protected from it.

Not that she'd have it any other way.

Her freshly done nails tapped against the table, letting Lauren know that she was excited.She wanted to show her dom everything she'd gotten. Now comfortable in her position as not only Beyoncé's submissive, but also her spoiled girlfriend she had started to take advantage of her new life.

Taking the term shop till you drop seriously, she bought whatever she liked and anything she knew Madame had been looking at. The young woman even picked up a few items for Amori, including a pink bear she thought was the perfect to her bedroom.

"I'm so happy," she cheesed, shaking in her seat like a child. "She makes me so happy. BB is like an angel and her family is the sweetest. They care about me so much, they ask for my opinions and involve me in everything. I feel so free."

Lauren gushed, knowing that she'd made the perfect match. She knew that they had needed one another for a long time. Beyoncé stopped being a fan of aggressive women who tended to only play the role of defiance. She needed someone who didn't mind slowing down. Someone who wanted to fall in love. Someone like Onika.

"Well, I'm glad the two of you are getting along well. You still seem a bit nervous about something. What's wrong with you?"

The jet glanced away for a moment, her smile faltered. "I- I know it isn't fully my business, but Beyoncé and I have been together for a few months and I can't say that everything has been going smoothly..." she trailed off, "her- her ex has it out for me it looks like and it's a little scary to think that even though I haven't done anything to this woman, she wants break us up so early in our relationship. I just- I just hope Beyoncé doesn't fall for it."

"Beyoncé isn't like the others, Nika. I told you that."

"I know and I see that, but they have a child, Lauren. She had to have loved so deep for her to marry and have a baby with this woman. I just don't know if I can live up to that, I don't know if I can truly fulfill her needs." She whispered the last part, but her best friend heard her loud and clear. Her heart ached for Onika. She'd seen on so many occasions, how men have used her for company, for sex. Each time the young woman fell helplessly in love only to be broken in the end.

So her worries were never resolved, her heart never mended fully, and despite how good Beyoncé made her feel she couldn't help her thoughts.

"Have you spoken to her about it?" Lauren suggests, kindly. She takes her best friend's hand and holds it, hoping to take some of the stress away from her. "I'm sure she'd understand. Especially if you aren't sure or ready."