8

ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ́

"Is that my baby?" I spoke loud enough for my voice to be heard through the crowd of onlookers. My daughter lifted her head and looked around, when she saw me she immediately handed her tablet over to her grandmother and came running.

Amori jumped into my arms, letting me pick her up and spin her. "Mommy! You're here!"

"Of course I'm here, my love. Mommy will always be here. Are you excited to stay with me for a while?" I stopped spinning and kissed all over her face. Her loud giggles filled my ears and my heart was so full. Pulling away, she nodded. "Perfect, now let's get going. I have a bunch of presents waiting for you at home."

My mother came up to me with their things, hugging me and kissing my cheek. "Hi momma, how you been."

"Stressed, that child can wear anyone out." She shook her head and I smiled. Ami had a habit of stressing people out over a course of time, but it was that way with most children who travel often.

"Well, I'm happy y'all are here. There's a lot to do and many things to discuss." I told them as we walked out of the airport and to my car.

My mother eyed me the entire ride home. I knew what she wanted to ask and she knew what I'd answer her with.

It's been an ongoing battle trying to hide relationships from my mother, but she always knows. Not that I want to hide Onika at all, I actually expect them to meet soon, but I still like to keep certain things to myself for some time.

Not that it matters now, I just want them to meet under better circumstances.

With Robyn on the loose, I felt the need to have everyone I care about in vicinity. Meaning Amori, my mother, and Onika.

My pretty little doll went home last night, but I have eyes on her. Can't risk anything at the moment.

Momma always insisted on cooking dinner, so I had someone pick up groceries for the house a few nights ago. As soon as we got inside, she went straight to the kitchen. I sent Ami up to her bedroom and brought their bags upstairs.

Everything that needed to be locked away was already locked away. I make sure of that every time they are here. My home is open to them, but there are limits and boundaries.

Once I'd set down the bags, I went to my daughter's room and attacked her little face with as many kisses as I could give her. "Mommy, stop!"

"I missed my daughter, I love you so much, munchkin." Amori has always been my favorite part of life. Having a child is a humbling experience, it shows you how to have patience for others and yourself. It shows you the many different ways to love and cherish someone.

My daughter is one of those people who loves to be honest and I'm happy to have been around long enough to teach her that myself.

So, in the case of her eventually meeting the woman I intend to make mine forever, I will hope for the best that she adores her just as much I do.

"Mommy," Ami whines and pushes me away. I gave up and waved her off.

"Whatever. I restocked the pantry so if you want anything there's enough to feed a village in there. Share with Nana, too. Don't be greedy." I kissed her nose before leaving her alone and making my way to my study.