Fuck Off

"He'd better be ok. It's my only word on the matter." Daryl said to T-Dog as I sat next to him. I glance up at T, seeing the way he exhaustedly looks back at him, and I see Pierce look away awkwardly out of the corner of my eye. I still can't believe he came with us, I never thought he'd do anything good for these people.

"I told you the geeks can't get at him. The only thing that's gonna get through that door is us." T-Dog declares firmly right before Glenn stops the van.

"We walk from here." He calls from the front. We open the shutters and step out. I'm the first to jump out, Daryl following behind me.

We run until we see the opening Glenn brought us through last time. Rick steps through it first, and Daryl makes me go next before he follows behind, the others following as well.

"Merle first or guns?" Rick asks.

"Merle! We ain't even having this conversation." Daryl reply's sternly, and I agree. There's no way we're prioritizing guns over someone life. We haven't lost our humanity yet, I hope.

"We are." Rick retorts. "You know the geography, it's your call." He tells Glenn, whom looks uncomfortable with the decision. I grip the crowbar tighter in my hands.

"Merle's closest. The guns would mean doubling back. Merle first." He says as we jog toward the buildings. I'm not sure if he's being honest, but I do know that he doesn't want to get on Daryl's bad side.

We make our way down the streets, being cautious of walkers as we finally make it to the department store. We walk in through the broken glass in the front, since the walkers from yesterday are all scattered away.

I'm the first to step into the broken glass, and I can tell that Daryl tries to catch up to me anxiously. He steps in front of me, holding his crossbow up.

"Watch yer step, Car." He tells me as he walks forward, and I shake my head to myself.

"I'm all good, Daryl. Never said I wasn't." I retort, and I can see Pierce glancing at us weirdly from our interaction. I didn't even think about the fact that he's never seen us be super close, he only knows that I hang out more with the Dixons than him and Dorothy.

I can see him furrow his brows, but I don't say anything. I'm surprised he didn't catch on sooner, that I trust Daryl more than I do him. And he's never cared before, so I'm not sure why he's looking at Daryl the way he is now. Like he's upset. Like he wants to kick the back of his knee or something stupid like that.

Rick catches Daryl's eye and points to a walker wondering toward us. He creeps up closer to it, like he does whenever he's hunting.

"Damn. You are one ugly skank." Daryl raises his crossbow, aiming and shooting the walker in the eye before he rushes forward once again to take his bolt back. I watch in disgust.

"I will never get used to that shit." I whisper to myself, but Pierce heard from next to me. He glances at me, but doesn't say anything as we continue on.

We rush up the stares, finally seeing the door with the lock on it like T-Dog said. My eyes light up a little bit, seeing that it's still closed, and that means Merle's ok.

T-Dog cuts the chain, Daryl kicks the door open, and we all rush onto the roof.

"Merle! Merle!" Daryl yells for his brother as we all round the corner to look for Merle. But instead of finding Merle, we find a small puddle of blood, and a singular hand sitting on the ground.

My eyes widen and I take a couple of steps back, bringing my hand to my mouth in shock.

"No! No!" Daryl yells as he paces the roof, his face scrunched up in pain. I can't stand to look at the scene, and I turn my head, accidentally making eye contact with Glenn. He takes a step closer to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders, rubbing circles on my back.