Only Common Sense

The three of us look out the window, seeing a bunch of geeks in one area. We hear another gunshot. And then another.

"Someone's struggling it seems like." I tell them and look around for a person.

"There!" Glenn shouts out and points to a tank, where a guy is hanging out the top of in a sheriffs uniform. Glenn runs upstairs to where the girls and Morales would've been. They have the radio.

"Y'all seeing this?" Jacqui asks as soon as we slam open the doors.

"Give me the radio." Glenn demands without answering. Morales throws it at him, and he catches it, changing the channel.

"Who was that?" Andrea asks, but still no one answers.

"Hey, you. Dumbass." Glenn calls through the radio, and I roll my eyes. "Really? First impressions I guess." I mutter to myself.

"Yeah, you in the tank. Are you cozy in there?" He continues. Everyone is quiet, the only sound being our heavy breathing from running upstairs, but the man doesn't say anything and I begin to question whether or not the radio is working.

Glenn looks at everyone awkwardly before going back to the radio. "Hey, you alive in there?"

This time we actually get a response.

"Hello? Hello?" We get a raspy southern voice belonging to the same man from earlier. He seems like he's breathing hard, which makes sense given that he was running for his life not even five minutes ago.

"There you are. You had me wondering." Glenn tells him.

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see me right now?" The man over the radio gets straight to the point, and I chuckle at that. We all look back out the window to observe the scene.

"Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news." Glenn confirms the man's assumptions. I walk next to Jacqui and lean on the window. The geeks are everywhere, but there surrounding something else now, probably another person or animal.

"There's good news?" The man on the radio asks. I shake my head because I know exactly what Glenn is going to say.

"No." He says plainly, and I snort out a laugh. Jacqui lightly hits my arm and I puts my arms up in surrender.

"What? He could've at least tried to sugar coat it." I remark, but she only smirks and shakes her head, turning back to the window.

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here." The man seems to be restless, and it's at this point that I realize I can't do much other than observe. So I step away from the window.

"Going back into the store, seeing what else we can get." I tell T-dog. He nods and nudges his head in the direction of the doors and we make our way out to keep looking while Glenn deals with the guy. The others follow us.

"I feel bad for him you know. Might as well be dead with all of the geeks." Jacqui says, and I nod my head in agreement.

I go over to my bag and put it on my shoulder again. "That's his bad though, firing a gun out here." Morales said, and I nod my head in agreement again.

I look around the store some more and find clothes that might fit me, Sophia, and maybe even Eliza, Morales's daughter. We hear gunshots again.

T-dog runs over to the windows and see that geeks are gathering closer to us, and we can see the man run in front of the store.