Unexpected Phone call (Chapter 21)

Start from the beginning

Dorthey walked upstairs and Courtney followed, she neatly folded R.E's coat and placed it on the couch. She followed Dorthey upstairs and into the ballroom, Rectangle saw her going upstairs and also followed her. He saw Courtney entering the small ball room and the door closed behind her, he stood infront of the door and listened. He heard Courtney's voice and then another woman's voice that he never heard.

"So what is the special day of yours today?" asked Courtney

"My husband came and he said that he would want me to go to a dance with him." said Dorthey

"That's great, he visted you?"

"No, he just called." repiled Dorthey "He said that he was really busy and want to make up for lost time."

"Well its good that he didn't forget about you." said Courtney

"Yeah." said Dorthey

"What song do you want me to play?" Courtney ask

"Any is fine." said Dorthey

Courtney lifted the piano cover and sat on the chair, Dorthey was sitting on a chair with a cup of tea in her hands. Courtney played a slowly and relaxing song for her friend, on the other side of the door Rectangle was also listening. Her melody almost put him to sleep, Rectangle was not a country that word sleep, he barely even sleeps. Everynight when is G.E passed out on his bed Rectangle would watch him, or stoll around the house of boredom. Courtney finished her song and closed the lid of the piano. Dorthey clapped for her porformace and told her that she played very well, they embraced eacother for a moment. Rectangle then started to hear the woman's voice again, this time he heard it well and clear.

"Courtney, I was thinking about going back to France and I would like to take you with me." said Dorthey "Would you like to come with me?"

Courtney was silent for a moment, is she actually going to France!? This is a once in a life time oppertunity, France us one of the countries Courtney wanted to go. Before she can respond the door to the small ballroom was opened, and she saw Rectangle standing infront of the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Courtney's POV)

"Hi Rectangle!" I said "Do you need something?"

"Courtney dear who is this?" asked Dorthey "I have never seen him around."

"Okay so Dorthey meet Rectangle, Rectangle Dorthey." I said

Rectangle looked at me as if I was crazy, he didn't move an inch as Dorthey bowed to him. Rectangle seems to ignore Dorthey's apearance, he just stared at me.

"I need you to come with me." he said

He guestured toward the door and let me go befor him just like when he found me hanging on the ceiling. I told Dorthey that I would think and about it and said goodbye to her, she waved by and then was blocked by Rectangle. I walked out the room as she closed the door behind him, I slide down the stairs because its better and more fun than walking down the steps. Rectangle was chasing after me, scared for me falling off. I was sliding over the couch and I got the best idea that would scare Rectangle out of his mind. I gave him a salute and fell over just like the window trick, he started to yelled when I dropped down, I landed on the couch as the other countries looked up at Rectangle.

"Courtney are you okay?!" yelled Rectangle "DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN."

"No promises buddy." I said.