15| The knowing game

Adhira's POV

"How about we play twenty one truths?"

"Twenty one truths? Isn't that Dare 21?" He questioned. His left eyebrow raised, as if mocking her.

"We are modifying the game and aren't you supposed to be too grump to know these things?" Okay calling him grump on his face is a daring act and if I was some random person, i would very well be not in here fine.

"Even a person who decides not to engage in unwanted conversations know about this game" and he lookes at me while I agressively eat the cake.

"Okay mahaan insaan, let's start the game, shall we?"

"Fine, you go first" he says with a bored expression.

"Okaayyyy, so what's your favourite colour?" I asked him, although I predict his answer.

"Green, kind of darker one along with brown" that takes me off guard.

I was so so sure that it's going to be black or grey by the amount of black accessories or clothes he has but yet again my patidev has confused me.

Pay attention to again

"Didn't take you to be a green guy but then again you are a whole different org- okay maybe I should shut up" calling someone who is first time willing to talk to me a, different organism or species, is not the greatest idea.

Though i didn't continue my sentence, I know that he knows about what I was about to say but brushed it off.

"Cats or dogs?"

"Damn you have a really good question! Okay so I love both of them so much like I had a cat who was so attached to me back when I was fifteen? If you asked me that day, i would have totally said a cat. But after that many years, i decided to buy two dogs and now I think I am a certified dog mama. But still I can't choose! Wait- why are you laughing? Akanksh this is serious!" His laughter came to a hault and he looked at me like I have done some magic on him, that made him zip his mouth.

"This is the first time you called me by my name" he murmured but I heard it clearly.

I never knew that I haven't called him with his name for these two and a half months we have known each other.

Probably because you said his name too many times inside your brain?

And the fact that he noticed it, made it so much more special.

I brushed off his comment as I could feel my cheeks getting warmer as the time went by and to distract myself, I again took a bite of my cake.

"Mountains or beaches?" I asked after a pause.

"Ahh.... Mountains. They have always calmed me and helped me think clearly"that made me smile.

"Even I was a mountain kind of girl. Personally a colder place is much better than a warmer one. Though I haven't been to one, I'll enjoy it! Ik" i smiled dreamily while having my choclate cake.

"You haven't been to mountains?" He had a bewildered look on his face.

"Yep! But I know I'll go one day. I had a chance three years ago but-" I took a pause "I was pregnant with Aradhya and had a risky pregnancy"

I waited for him to judge me or for a taunting look to appear on his face but there was none.

No reaction at all

Usually I never start a conversation with anyone regarding me or my pregnancy or even Aradhya to anyone except Priya or my family, but here I am trying to be open with my husband.