12| The meet

Author's POV

As she opened the door, the bell attached to it chimed, alerting her arrival.

The cafe itself was one the most famous ones in the city. All the kids of people, whether they are students, job oriented or are old, come here to relax.

Jeevika, who was patiently waiting for Adhira was settled on a two seater table which was just along the windows.

As soon as Jeevika looks and Adhira, she waves her hand to get her attention, which she did.

"Hey! Were you waiting for too long? I am so sorry actually Akanksh got an allergy attack" Adhira tried to explain her quickly but Jeevika soon dismissed her from saying anything of that sort.

Embarrassed, she settles down beside Jeevika and both order a cold coffee along with some pizza.

(idk why I am so hungry abhi)

"So how did you agree to marry Akanksh?" Jeevika asked with cusiosity and why won't she be curious, afterall Adhira was Akanksh's wife.

That Akanksh who rejected so many girls and never even looked at other girls who tried their best to be more presentable towards him.

"Well we didn't meet until his birthday. I work at Ayaan's school as his class teacher so naturally I grew closer to him in these last two months. Even my daughter Aradhya studies there and got lost one day, so Ayaan and Ekta found her and kept her safe. Mumma then invited me to his birthday and the rest is history"

"Wow! Damn do you know how lucky you are? That grump of a guy selected you out of so many girls! Well if that's ain't a flex, what is?" Adhira laughed at how Jeevika was so excited about her marriage with Akanksh.

It's not that she isn't happy, afterall she got Ayaan as her son and Akanksh treats her right, more than right, her in laws are loving and everything is just perfect but still somewhere she knew, they had a long way infront of them.

"Okay so what about you huh? You seem to know everything about me but still didn't tell me a single thing about yourself.....spill" Adhira said in a cheerful voice and Jeevika giggled.

"Well I am Jeevika Mehra obviously. Okay I tried to be funny. Anyways, I am a computer engineer and am trying to get into my dream company but I still need some time" she sighed.

"You will get it" she said and both of the girls immersed in a deep conversation. As they were having their food, Adhira heard some whispers behind her back.

'Is that Rana Sa's wife?'

'Oh the one that has a kid right?'

'look how evil is Rana Sa's fate, had such a beautiful and successful Rani sa, who gave him a handsome heir but her? Out of all people he accepted was her?"

'who is her child's father anyway?'

"Can you give me a minute? I'll just come back from the washroom" Adhira said in a hassel. Hearing these words about her daughter and her family, it made her extremely sad and a knot of uneasiness formed in her throat.

Jeevika too noticed the change in Adhira's behaviour and heard the group of women day utter rubbish regarding her character.

"I'll come with you too" she got up and kept her bag on the table.

"But....but our items?" Adhira asked. Doesn't matter if you are at a five star hotel or a motel, your stuff will be stolen if left unattended and our little Adhira experienced it first handed.

Jeevika just smirked at her "You thing a person is THAT capable and has an audacity to steal things from the queen herself?"

Adhira quietly shook her head and rushed to the washroom. There she went towards the washbasin and splashed some water on her face.