03| The birthday (part 1)

Author's POV (Edited)

Adhira came back home with a rather tired Aradhya who was cuddling to her mother's chest, afterall she was just a three year old and thought she lost her mother forever.

As soon as Adhira rang the doorbell, Sujata opened the door, engulfing them in a hug and cried about how her carelessness would have cost them to lose Aradhya.

After the mini crying session was over, Adhira went upstairs to her room, tucked the sleepyhead in her bed as she did not want to stay away from her baccha and went downstairs to her parents.

"Fortunately she was with a student of mine named Ayaan. Someone from their house called me up and texted me the address so I picked up Aradhya from there" "How far was the place? You could have called me." Her papa said with worry evident in his voice.

"It was in this secluded area and it wasn't a house papa, it was as a beautiful Mahal which had these big garden's and beautiful architectural work on it. I seriously fell in love today" she knew it was over dramatic but she was just mesmerized by it's beauty.

While Adhira was lost in her day dreaming, sujata and amaan looked at each other, both pale as if they just saw a ghost.

"What is Ayaan's surname?" The question brought Adhira out of her trance "Chauhan?" This confirmed the suspicion they had "You don't know who they are?" Amaan said slowly.

"Probably rich people? They had to be if they own a building like that "Pagli nahi" Sujata facepalmed and looked at her daughter.

"They are THE Chauhan's, the king of Rajasthan's family and Ayaan is his son from his first marriage"

"What?" Now it was Adhira, whose heart sunk a bit hearing that.

"But last time I knew, they all lived in the main city area? And first wife? Did he marry again?" She had lots of questions. When she went for her post graduation in Delhi, she sort of forgot about the day to day happenings of Jaipur.

"Yes they lived there until four year ago, shortly after his son was born but it was because his wife died of some unknown reasons which wasn't disclosed to anyone. He didn't marry anyone after that but everyone thinks that the former queen is planning to get her son remarried" this really got to Adhira. Ayaan never ever met his mother because she died and the reason is unknown.

"I-I didn't know about that" her heart ached with an unknown feeling. In all the emotional talk she forgot the main thing but as soon as she did remeber, Adhira jumped up from the couch " Ma I called Rani Sa aunty and they invited us to the former Raja Sa's birthday tomorrow"

Adhira panicked and why wouldn't she panick. It is considered as disrespect to address the royals in any way except what post they have until and unless they tell you to do so. She went and looked over the night sky from the living room window.

'No wonder everyone was looking at me as if I was some kind of ghost'

All she could think about is how she will face Ranisa again tomorrow.
_________________________________________

The Mahal was bustling with energy as the guest would be here anytime

The decoration was done by the finest of decor agencies in India, florists brought a range of extraordinary flowers from around the world, the families clothes too were hand designed by the most talented craftsman.

The guests started to come in there along with their family which were greeted by Ekta and Ishan the youngest in the Chauhan family.

Akanksh always saw this opportunity as a way to expand his company even more than it is currently. Top business men from all around the world are invited and it couldn't be a better time. He turned to look at his son struggling with his clothes so he kneeled and fixed it for him.

Akanksh smoothed out Ayaan's collar and kissed his forehead, which made him giggle. Soon the duo went downstairs only to see that everyone's attention was on them with utter silence
lingering in the background.

As the king he was adapted to the life he lived but his son right now was too small to understand that one day he would be in his father's place, his successor.

Soon the the hall echoed with conversations taking place between the people. Somewhere between that, Adhira and her family entered the Mahal.

Adhira wore a beautiful blue colour lehenga which had designs of pastel Orange and pink. The blouse was a pink in colour, that complimented the lehenga. The dupata was a sheer off white one with pink tassels on it's borders, which was wrapped around her shoulder and was draped from the front, kind of like a shrug and was secured by a kamarband. The look was completed by stud earrings ,a thin chocker necklace which was her grandma's, open hair, minimal makeup and a bindi.

"Wow di, you are looking beautiful! And our Little Aradhya is looking so cute!" Ekta said and hugged Adhira which made her giggle. Ekta called Adhira today regarding the birthday invitation and started calling her Di because she is older than her.

"Thank you but you are looking gorgeous" and she was with the beautiful teal colour lehenga and it's strap sleeve blouse.

"Hello I don't think we have met, I am Ishan Singh Chauhan, Ayaan's Chachu" Ishan was younger than her but his 6'2 height and honey like eyes did make him look way older "Hi, I am Adhira Awasthi and this is my daughter Aradhya and my parents Sujata and Amaan Awasthi " she had a small smile on her face, as she looked at Aradhya who was wearing a red dress hugging Ekta with a big grin on her face.

Soon enough she saw Ranisa talking to some guests so she decided to wait and then say sorry regarding her calling her aunty. But before she can execute the plan, her little one dashed towards her calling her mimi which made her look towards Aradhya's side and got down to hug her. Adhira followed behind her and saw Ranisa kissing Aradhya's cheeks.

"Maaf kar dejiyega Rani sa, yeh aise agayi" Adhira said while looking down at the floor which looked much interesting now.

'Everything is so easy for children' she thought.

'Arre koi nhi beta, aapko nhi pata tha aur haan humko aunty hi bulana" this made her smile and Rani sa pulled her for a hug. Later Adhira introduced her parents to her while Aradhya was tucked in Aunty's side.

"Aapki beti bahot Sundar hai, Mr Awasthi aur pyaari bhi Nazar na Lage in dono bacchiyo ko" this made her heart melt just on spot. Ishita was known for her kind nature and now she is experiencing it herself.

Life

It's so twisted that you never know, who you cross path with

Maybe it was their destiny?

Or maybe faith?

But they met. Two lost souls which whi heal the other for the best.

"Maa"
_________________________________________

I can't wait for them to officially meet!

Also I am so sorry that the update got delayed ( I totally did not think that I'll be able to write a chapter in a day) I think I need a proper updating schedule but for now in every two days or so...... It depends when the chapter is complete.

Thank you for the support! Love u all❤️
~ Ana🫶✨

Thank you for the support! Love u all❤️~ Ana🫶✨

Adhira's lehenga