08| Mr Jerk

Akanksh's POV

"Do I pay you to show your sorry ass to me for not doing your goddamn job properly?"

"Sir- N-no, we tried to get the lead-" sweat trickled down his face as he looked down, not matching my eyes.

Good, at least this person can do one job properly.

"Tried is not what I want! If you come here to just try, then get lost from here"
His eyes snapped at mine at this with fear and specs of anger but we both know that his fear is a lot greater than the anger lurking in those eyes.

The man did the said thing and left my cabin at once without any sort of argument.

"That's the seventh assistant you have fired this month Akanksh"

"He deserved it, Siddharth"

"Remind me again, why am I still friends with you?" I smirked at him as he sighed and sat on the seat opposite to my chair.

Siddharth Malhotra is my buisness partner and my best friend which I never admitted to him but he knows that I value him like my own brother.

"Anyways I did get the lead to one of the cctv camera footage at the warehouse but that bastard has covered his face with a veil so there is not a single indication of who this man could be" His face scrunches as he hand me the pendrive of the cctv footage he was able to revive from my warehouse, which was attacked a few days ago by this man.

I plugged it to my laptop and saw a man in the depth of darkness hiding behind a veil to hide his identity, slowly walking towards the main hallway. Soon after two-three minutes of inactivity, I saw a group of men that were stationed at the patrol duty were running off at the same direction but then all of a sudden the only thing visible was fire spreading across the whole warehouse.

Fire, that ciders the warehouse within minutes.

"This motherfucker" I shut my laptop in annoyance and ran my hand through my hair. " I can't wait for the day I get my hands on him" and no god will be able to protect him from me that day.

"We will find him brother, we always do" he smirked "Don't be overconfident Sid" this made the twenty eight year old man give me a full blown smile "Aww babes, I have you to protect me. I am invincible"

Do you feel shivers of disgust travelling through your body? Because I certainly do.

I frowned and he smiled like a fucking golden retriever.

"Oh and your reception suit has arrived so go get ready"

Fucking hell

✿⁠  ✿⁠  ✿⁠ 

"How are you Sidharth beta, why didn't you visit these past three months?"

"Aunty I had to go to London for some company work but now I would be the happiest if you make my favourite food tomorrow"

Cheeky bastard

This was a kiss ass situation involving My Mummy and so called best friend who is the one buttering mummy up to the fullest.

Who will believe me that this person is same supposedly cold, ruthless Mafia leader. He's no less than a teddy, that too a kiss ass one.

So instead of listening to their conversation, I went ahead to go call Adhira, who was getting ready for our reception party.

The reception party was organised so that we can finally introduce Adhira as my wife as not many people were invited to the wedding.

As soon as I was about to enter my room, I heard someone singing my favorite song.