"Is he done?" Gift inquired as she walked out of the room hand in hand with her youngest son of five years old whom she just helped put on his uniform. A navy blue short and a checkered short sleeve shirt similar to the one her seven years old son wore.

"Almost." Ebenezer replied and Gift sat down at the dinner table on the chair opposite them. She carried her son onto her lap. Gift picked up a slice of bread, scooped some of the fried eggs onto it then folded it into two ready to feed him. Three loud knocks came through the door. Gift and her husband exchanged glances.

"Are you expecting anyone this early?" Ebenezer asked and she shook her head.

"Okay, let me check." He stood up and walked across the living room to the wooden door. Before he unbolted the top bolt, he turned the key twice to unlock the door. His hand pressed down on the door handle and pulled the door open.

Ebenezer blinked a few times, unable to believe at first that he was seeing right.

"What are you doing here, Kingsley?"

Gift stretched her neck in curiosity to see with her eyes. Because maybe she heard wrong.

"Good morning, brother Ebenezer."

"I'm not your brother."

Kingsley fell silent. He knew there was a possibility that the Obialoms would act cold towards him. After all, he didn't expect a parade.

"Can we talk? I have something important to discuss with you."

Ebenezer looked away, reluctant to give him a chance. "I don't think we have anything between us anymore. Besides, I'm in a hurry to take the kids to school."

"It won't take long. I promise."

After some hesitation, Ebenezer stood to the side and Kingsley walked into the apartment.

Gift stared at him. A little upset that her husband let him in.

"Good morning, Gift." Kingsley greeted as soon as he set eyes on her.

She begrudgingly turned away while replying. "Good morning."

Kingsley flashed a faint smile and sat down on one of the single couches in the room. Ebenezer and his wife exchanged glances before he sat down.

"So, what do you want to discuss?"

Kingsley hesitated while racking his brain on how to put the first sentence so it doesn't refer to a different meaning than he meant.

"Earlier, my wife brought something to my attention about Ijeawele." He paused to notice Ebenezer's reaction. There wasn't any.

Gift listened attentively. Her brows formed a light crease at the mention of Ijeawele.

"It seems she's... um, she's trying to carry out a revenge against my wife and her sister."

This time, a light frown appeared between Ebenezer's brows. "What do you mean?"

"There's this young man that Delight has been seeing. Recently, they started having some issues. She found out that it might be because Ijeawele is... is seducing him."

Kingsley watched Ebenezer closely while simultaneously gearing up to mentally to defend himself if it came to a physical attack from him.

Gift felt enraged by the young man's audacity. She wanted to speak up but she held back. Not wanting to take away the chance from her husband to deal with the situation himself.

Instead, Ebenezer leaned back into his seat. His expression was void of anger. "And did this Delight ever see him in bed with Ijeawele?"

Kingsley hesitated and shook his head.