The King's Resolve

Rimuru's POV

"Rimuru-sama, I have news about that girl," Diablo appeared in the crystal ball, and we all felt relieved, hoping for positive news. But Raphael had other plans for me she told me about diablo's expression.

I also noticed Diablo's unusual facial expression and asked him what happened.

"Rimuru-sama, she is dead," he showed me her uniform and continued, "She was eaten by one of the people who were transferred here. To my disgust, they call themselves devils, which is the highest evolution stage a demon can achieve. Currently, there are only seven Devil Lords in existence, all in the Demon Realm. Only Guy Crimson has reclaimed his strength as a Devil Lord by himself."

Diablo continued, showing signs of strong disgust towards them for calling themselves devils and the fact that they can be killed easily and live life like any normal race fuels his anger even more. Thankfully, he was Rimuru's subordinate and restrained himself from wiping out their entire race. He also wondered why Guy hadn't intervened, confident that Guy would not take the insult lightly.

Unknown to Diablo, it was Issei's unique skill, Probability Manipulation, that saved them, and he even failed to notice Rimuru's anger.

Currently, Rimuru was releasing too much pressure and bloodlust, surprising even Veldora.

"How can they?" Rimuru's anger was evident. He couldn't believe they had eaten her.

A red-haired man put his hand on Rimuru's shoulder.

"Rimuru-sama, calm down," he said.

Diablo also spoke up, noticing he was speaking out of topic.

"Master Rimuru-sama, don't worry. They are punished properly. I have killed their most powerful devils and even captured their Devil King who was in charge of the army," Diablo said, displaying his handiwork.

Everyone in the room nodded, but the red-haired man did not. He addressed Rimuru, who had calmed down by then.

"Master Rimuru, I think Diablo has gone overboard," he said.

When he said that, everyone looked at him with wide eyes, shocked by his statement. Rimuru was also surprised.

"Benimaru, why do you say that?" Rimuru asked.

Benimaru started to explain. "Rimuru-sama, I think what happened to her was bad and we must take action if she was a citizen of our nation."

"But She was from the army shadow division and her duty is to protect the nation from hidden danger by taking dangerous jobs which might kill her."

He took a deep breath and spoke up again.

I am one of your most loyal servants. You entrusted me with the position of 'Commander-In-Chief' of the Jura Tempest Federation. The army I control has a duty to serve you and protect the people of the Jura Tempest Federation. We can't rely on you for everything. We don't want to be a burden to you."

Everyone understood where Benimaru was going with this. Rimuru, being human in his past life, understood it even better. He had sent spies to investigate, and if they got killed, then as a king, he should not be associated with them because it was their duty to stay in the dark and protect the nation from the shadows. He also remembered in his past life that many spies were killed for investigative purposes. They dies for their nation to keep their nation safe. They are heroes who don't get recognition from anyone for their service. He realized that there would be casualties in this kind of thing, but he couldn't convince himself to just ignore it.

Benimaru spoke up again, seeing Rimuru silent.

"Rimuru-sama, I have wanted to tell you for a while, but I was unable to. I want to lead the army to stop the Eastern Empire, and I want you to stay away from the battleground. Today's incident gives me the confidence to say this. Also, Rimuru-sama, when you became a Demon Lord, you told me that if you changed, I had to stop you. Killing people from other nations because one of us was killed by them while spying on them would make your image as one of the most brutal Demon Lords. It would not be good for our relationships with human nations."

Rimuru was taken aback by this logic, and seeing the destruction caused by Diablo, he also realized that Diablo had gone overboard. Diablo noticed this and felt ashamed for not understanding what his master wanted and the consequences his actions could have on his master's reputation.

Rimuru adjusted his mentality and, like a king, ordered Diablo to apologize to them and arrange a meeting with their leader. Hopefully, they could compensate them and establish a defense pact; otherwise, he would have no choice but to take control of their territory.