XXII

"And Ni-ki is down!" The little boy with dimples teased as he looked down at his best friend whom he had just knocked to the floor

"And Ni-ki is down!" The little boy with dimples teased as he looked down at his best friend whom he had just knocked to the floor. He extends a hand to the grounded boy.

Ni-ki scoffs, ignoring it. "I don't need your help." He gets up and dusts himself off, a scowl marring his features.

The boys have been practicing their sparring since early morning. Now, it was early afternoon, and they were still going.

Their youthful features adorned with innocence and curiosity. Ni-ki's vibrant energy is evident in his eager movements and animated expressions, his youthful exuberance shining through as he engages in the spar with Jungwon. His eyes gleam with determination, reflecting his fiery spirit and unwavering resolve to prove himself.

Jungwon, on the other hand, exudes a sense of calm confidence beyond his years, his demeanor poised and self-assured as he gracefully navigates the sparring session. Despite their youthful physicalities, both boys possess a depth of character and resilience that belies their tender age, hinting at the trials and challenges they will face in the years to come.

Jungwon's expression softened as he observed his friend's prideful defiance. "You're stubborn," he remarked with a chuckle, taking a step back to give him space.

Ni-ki shot him a glare, but it quickly melted away, replaced by a reluctant smile. "Yeah, well, someone's gotta keep you on your toes," he retorted, his tone lightening with playful banter.

Jungwon chuckles, "Let's go again."

Their next spar is dynamic and energetic, each movement fluid yet precise. Jungwon, even as a child, with his years of experience and natural agility, effortlessly anticipates Ni-ki's moves, dodging and parrying with grace.

Ni-ki, fueled by determination and a burning desire to prove himself, attacks with ferocity, his strikes fast and calculated. Despite his best efforts, Jungwon always seems one step ahead, his movements calculated and deliberate.

As the spar intensifies, frustration builds within Ni-ki, his attacks becoming more aggressive as he desperately tries to gain the upper hand. However, Jungwon remains calm and composed, his defense impenetrable as he effortlessly counters Ni-ki's every move.

Alas, Ni-ki gets knocked down one more time. "I win. Again!" Jungwon says with a playful smirk.

Begrudgingly, the younger one gets up. "Don't rub it in." He snaps as he got up again. Jungwon extends his hand again, but this time Ni-ki slaps it away.

Raising an eyebrow, Jungwon eyes his close friend, sensing his evident frustration. "What's gotten into you? You seem more annoyed than usual."

His fists clenched. He glares at Jungwon and whines like the child he literally was, "I'm tired of always losing to you, hyung. It's not fair."