XX

A couple days later, Yoojung hesitantly approached her father's room

A couple days later, Yoojung hesitantly approached her father's room. Each step felt heavy with the weight of unresolved emotions and painful memories that had plagued her for years.

Jungwon, her father, lay in the hospital bed, his once vibrant spirit now dimmed by illness. Despite the distance that had grown between them, Yoojung couldn't ignore the pull to confront the past and seek closure

With a trembling hand, she pushed open the door and stepped into the room. Jungwon's eyes, tired yet filled with warmth, met hers as she entered. "Yoojung," he greeted softly, his voice strained with effort. "I didn't expect you to come."

Yoojung swallowed the lump in her throat, her heart heavy with regret. "I should have come sooner," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

He offered her a small, understanding smile. "It's never too late, my dear," he reassured her, his voice gentle.

Taking a seat beside his bed, Yoojung struggled to find the right words to express the turmoil within her. "I've been angry, and I've been holding it in for years," she confessed, her voice thick with emotion. "Angry at you for always favoring Dawon over me."

Jungwon's expression softened with regret as he listened to her words. "I know I haven't been the father you needed," he acknowledged, his voice heavy with sorrow. "I made mistakes, and I'm truly sorry."

Tears welled up in Yoojung's eyes as she met her father's gaze. "I just wanted you to love me," she whispered, her voice breaking.

Jungwon reached out and gently took her hand in his, his touch comforting. "I do love you, Yoojung," he affirmed, his voice filled with sincerity. "More than words can express. Do you still have your Winnie the Pooh I gave you all those years back?"

She nodded, "Of course."

"Wanna know why I got him for you?" She nodded. "Alan Alexander Milne wrote Winnie the Pooh in 1926 to teach children about love, forgiveness, patience, trust, and acceptance. When I realized that you started resenting me when you were a child, it was already too late. So I got him for you, so that you could somehow learn to love, forgive, have parience, trust, and accept me now."

In that moment, as father and daughter faced each other with open hearts, the walls of resentment and pain that had divided them began to crumble. In their place emerged a newfound understanding and acceptance, paving the way for healing and reconciliation.

As the evening drew to a close and the hospital room filled with the soft glow of twilight, Yoojung and Jungwon shared a moment of quiet connection. And though their time together was fleeting, the love and forgiveness exchanged between them would endure long after their parting.

With a heavy heart, Yoojung mustered the courage to share her impending departure with her father. "Dad," she began, her voice trembling slightly with emotion, "I have to tell you something."