22: The New Recruits

4 Days Later

Wind rushed into Isa's face and she didn't even flinch. She swallowed deep and looked down at the baranana that had been thrown across the room. Her fingers dug deep into the carpet she sat on. She tried her best not to show emotion to the intruder, but she whimpered when another baranana flew past her and crashed into the wall.

"Didn't think you'd come this early," said Isa confidently, looking up from the magazine she was reading and right into the intruder's eyes. "To be honest, Dosu, I didn't think you'd come at all."

The intruder, Dosu Gama, stepped further into the room and stopped a few feet from the carpet Isa sat on. He was a big man with massive arms, massive hands and massive legs. He wore a dark moss-green suit and had his black hair slicked back. A thin and handsome beard circled his big purple lips. His cyber-yellow eyes stayed in tune with his cyclamen-coloured skin. He had five rings on his right hand that were made of a powerful metal and appeared to be big and heavy on his fingers, but he could carry them with no struggle.

Three people appeared behind Dosu: two men that looked exactly alike, and a woman that sneered at Isa.

The two men that looked alike both wore frayed sweaters and skinny jeans. They had spiky hair that was so long it fell over the left eye of the man on the right and over the right eye of the man on the left. Their noses were long, big and sharp and they had pointy ears poking out of the side of their heads.

The woman was short and skinny. She had on a pair of cyan-coloured hot-pants, long cyber-grape coloured socks that went up past her knees, fashionable sneakers and a white shirt enclosed with a leather bolero.

"Were you that scared I'd have prepared for your arrival that you decided inviting these clowns as backup?" asked Isa. She tried to keep her cool and not show fear, but Dosu seemed to see right through her act.

"Oh, Isa my dear," said Dosu. His voice was loud and clear, scratchy but heard. "You look great. A few wrinkles here and there, but pixies age faster than calgis." He was referring to his own species.

Isa sighed and got up on her feet. She stretched her arms and smiled at Dosu and his companions. "You and I both know that I could look like a raisin and you'd still want to be inside of me." she said.

Dosu snickered and shook his head. "You make jokes even when you know why I'm here." he told her. His companions chuckled behind him.

"Look, Dosu," said Isa, trying to make the conversation a little more civilized, but Dosu rushed forward and placed his right fist underneath her jaw. As Isa stepped back, the rings on Dosu's fingers all lit up with a deep-cerise colour. They enforced tremendous pain onto Isa's body and stopped her from screaming like a woman undergoing childbirth.

"You should be careful to even speak," said Dosu, his eyes scowled in anger. Isa grabbed hold of his right arm and tried pulling it away but he was too strong and the pain weakened her. The rings sent another surge of pain into her body and she cried out, finally making a sound.

The twin men behind Dosu laughed and looked at each other. They started exchanging whispered words and then laughing again, but the woman beside them didn't want to hide what she wanted to say.

"Let her hurt, Big Daddy," said the woman, her voice thin and honeyed, clapping her hands repeatedly together. "She deserves it for what she's done to you."

Dosu pulled his right hand away from Isa and grabbed her neck with his left hand. She let out a choking sound and looked Dosu in his eyes.

"Please, don't do this!" she begged, her voice struggling to escape her throat.