𝐇𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩

Rain clattered on the windows as the clouds rumbled outside, making the house tremble. Y/N was awakened out of her sleep, and she looked around.

A dark, empty room surrounded her, the only noise coming from the pitter-patter of rain. Y/N looked out the window, seeing the rain trickle down the window. An uneasy feeling settled in Y/N's gut, causing her to pull the covers closer to her face.

She stuck a hand out of her blanket and clicked on the lamp near her bed, illuminating the room by only a little bit. She quickly pulled her hand back under the covers. Something didn't seem quite right.

Her eyes scanned the closet door, the windows, and the bedroom door, yet  there was nothing there. She tried to calm her paranoia with a few deep breaths. She breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth. With a shaky hand, she turned off the lamp.

The room went dark, and her eyes strained to see in the pitch black. Every minute or so, a lightning bolt would strike outside, making the room brighter for less than a second.

Soon Y/N's eyes grew heavy, and she started to close them, only for the bedroom door to slowly creak open. Y/N jolted and trembled under the covers. She hurriedly clicked the light back on. Outside the small crack in the door was pitch darkness.

Y/N curled up and clenched her covers tightly.

"Hello...?" Y/N whispered, her eyes glued to the pitch black of the door. She glanced at the window, then back to the door, only for the door to slowly open more and more.

The power went out. The lamp flickered off, and everything in the house went dead silent. Y/N gripped her blanket and started to scoot back until her back was pressed against the wall. Her breathing started to grow heavy as light flashed into the room from outside.

A thin gray hand crept up the end of the bed. The long, pointy fingers curled around the edge of the blanket and started to pull. Y/N's blood ran cold, and she held the blanket as she tried to pull it towards her, only for the blanket to be pulled harder.

The blanket was ripped to the floor, leaving Y/N without any cover. Tears of confusion and fear started to stream down her face, and she hugged her knees to her chest.

In the small hint of light that shone from outside, Y/N could see the outline of a pale blue mask peeking at her from the end of the bed. The mask had two black eyeholes that dripped a black ooze.

Y/N looked in horror at what was at the foot of her bed. She opened her mouth to scream, yet nothing came out.

A gangly arm started to reach towards Y/N's leg, causing her to shout.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled in fear, pressing herself against the wall to create space between them. The arm immediately retracted, but the two black eyes continued to watch her.

She swiped away the fallen tears from her cheek as her heart beat like a drum in her chest. Within seconds, the arm extended again and she was able to successfully grab her ankle. She let out a cry as her ankle was pulled. She fell onto her back on the bed as she frantically kicked.

The grip on her ankle became tighter and tighter until her foot started to go numb. She continued to push back, but she would only be drawn closer. She started to flail helplessly until her arms were held by her side.

The being slowly rose up to its full, tall stature, staring down at Y/N. Her teary eyes were put face-to-face with the two dark pits. The mask seemed like it was almost fused to his face, like it was a part of him. Slowly, the mask started to split below the eyes, making a janky and ridged mouth.

Y/N's face paled, and her vision started to darken from the sheer terror of the situation. The being lowered its mouth to her shoulder, biting and piercing her skin with his sharp teeth. The screams of pain slowly died out, and she fainted.