Ch. 3 || Lies

When she had asked for fresh clothing, she had expected only a pair of simple outfits waiting for her, not a big ass wardrobe filled with branded clothes

When she had asked for fresh clothing, she had expected only a pair of simple outfits waiting for her, not a big ass wardrobe filled with branded clothes. A few workers wearing white matching uniforms bring a huge garment rack into the room.

They stop in front of her and face Raven who is sitting at the edge of the bed with her mouth hanging by the floor. There is an endless variety of different styles of clothing. And to the left side of the rack, there are a bunch of open shelves filled with footwear and accessories and make-up. 

Wow. That’s the only word ringing in the back of her mind. It's not like she hadn't had these many branded clothes back at her house, but, from the knowledge she gained by the movies, the kidnapper doesn't usually shower the hostage with luxury, let alone branded clothes and fancy rooms. That's what stunned her the most.

The Lucifer's progeny is beyond wealthy. And a murderer, of course, let's not forget that.

A female employee steps ahead, with her hands clasped together over her thighs. “Ma'am, Mr. Del Vecchio is expecting you for breakfast in twenty minutes. Here's everything he sent for you…” She points at the clothes.

Del Vecchio. So that's his last name. Obviously an Italian. The name rings some bell in her mind, she has heard this name from Felix once. She couldn't remember what the topic was, but Felix was sort of pissed off by this man. A pest in his ass.

It makes sense. If this is the guy Felix was talking about back then, it's highly possible they know each other. They even seem to be the same age. Twenty one. Possibly. And maybe that's why The Lucifer's progeny knew about Felix and his life at the campus.

Raven yawns again. She had only one and half hours of sleep after he left the room, which wasn't enough for her. She didn't plan on sleeping, for the first hour, fought against her drowsy eyes and heavy head, because this place is dangerous for her, her life is at stake, she wouldn't risk it. But the lack of sleep from the last night dawned on her and she fell asleep, not knowing when.

Her bones are feeling limp, her brain heavy as if someone weighted down hundreds of tiny rocks over her head. And her eyes are totally swollen and red. Her black hair is disheveled and falling down her waist in tangles.

“Yeah. I'll be ready. Just, just leave the room. I want privacy.” Raven yapps.

All of them depart with a nod and the door of the room once again locks with a digital passcode. Drawing a deep breath, she pushes herself off the bed and turns to the dresser to comb her hair first.

A few of the strands tug sharply like a bitch at her scalps when untangling the knots. Having long hair always seems perfect for the aesthetics and appearance. But when it comes to primping them, one needs the muscle strength of superman.

Raven manages to smooth her hair hurriedly, and rushes at the shower hastily. There is already a brand new sealed bottle of woman's body wash and a few selections of soaps wrapped in plastic. Raven wonders if she should feel good that they have never been used by a woman who came here before her.