Ch. 2 || Him

Fear

Fear. You know what's more scary than fear? It's the feeling in the moment when you are surrounded by darkness and you don't know where you are. Where you're standing. And worst, when you don't know what's going to happen next. All you know is, you've stepped into a lion's den, and it can strike from any direction and at any moment before you see him coming.

Apprehension, one may comment. The uneasiness dawns on Raven as she sits there in that silent room, her fingers fidgeting with the material of her green dress as her brain replays the memories from God knows how many hours ago, trying to make something out of the remnants of her blurred memories from the time they took her.

When she had woken up a few moments ago, she found herself in an exquisite room on a fine looking fluffy bed mattress. The floor was brown marble, and the LED lights from the ceilings glistened on the tiles. The bed frame followed the same palette of brown, and so were the paneled decorative walls. It also had an opulent bathroom with marble flooring and glasses. If the room wasn’t the master bedroom of a millionaire, it was undoubtedly the guest room of a billionaire.

Millionaires prefer to spend money on their own physical appearances and pleasure, making the most of what they have. While billionaires load a heavy amount of money in their surroundings to keep the image of filthy rich going, to outshine the rivals as if there’s a competition of who wastes the most money away.

The room also has a floor to ceiling glass window fixed in a small alcove with a small sitting area. The moonlight slips in through the glass but gets killed by the bright room lights.

Raven walks up to the window, planting her hands on the glass, staring outside at the sea shore for the hundredth time already.

She knew that beach. It's in the west of Maxion city, and given by the hills this place is stationed on, she knows she’s in Lakeburgh– the colony of the filthy rich. Where only billionaires and above had properties.

She had never come to Lakeburgh before; people who do not live or own any property here can only access this area with an invitation card.

But she had seen the view of the beach and the thousands of skyscrapers building in the background reaching in the clouds on the internet before. Maxion does have public beaches, but this one? It's only reserved for the residents of Lakeburgh.

Located in the west of the United States, Maxion city is home for anyone and anything that has power and glory to give. Major commercials, Hollywood, major corporate head offices, and a connection to the international waters. The city screams glory and wealth. While the west of Maxion, where she currently is, is nothing but lush and large green forest with high centuries old rolling hills and mountains.

That's where Lakeburgh colony is. While it is away from the never ending downtown, the people living here are the ones who rule and run Maxion.

Outshined NYC in every possible way.