i'm already up (but you lift me higher)

[Name] looked up from the soccer ball, their eyes focused on the goal as they dribbled the ball forward amidst the intense practice session on one of Blue Lock's numerous fields. The team was going through strategies and formations for the next match against Team W which is coming up soon. They prefer their teammates ready for it. They watched as the goalkeeper, Iemon, looked at them wryly, in position.

As they positioned themselves for the shot, [Name] could sense the goalkeeper, Iemon, tensing up, ready to block their attempt. But they already had their strategy in mind. With a swift movement, they feigned a shot with their dominant foot, causing Iemon to react. Then, in a split-second decision, they smoothly switched to their other foot and struck the ball true, sending it soaring into the net.

The sound of the bell signaled the successful goal, and Igarashi couldn't contain his amazement. "I never knew you could pull off moves like that, Isagi! Absolutely incredible!"

Suppressing a smirk, [Name] nodded in acknowledgment. "It's all about keeping the opponent guessing," they replied calmly, concealing the excitement bubbling beneath the surface. With a casual stride, they made their way to the sidelines to grab a drink and catch their breath.

As they passed by, Igarashi couldn't help but whisper under his breath, "So badass," admiration gleaming in his eyes.

Kuon quickly stepped in as he clapped his hands together. "Come on, let's continue with our practice."

Amidst the chorus of affirmations, [Name] made their way to the sideline where the water bottles awaited. Ignoring the protests of their protesting joints, they grabbed a bottle and settled against the ball, observing their teammates' drills with a keen eye.

"Hmm."

Sipping from the water bottle, they wiped away the sweat with a towel, mindful of their health in the midst of rigorous training. They doubt Ego would be lenient on players who got themselves sick.

As they surveyed the field, thoughts raced through their mind. It is almost time for the players to be cut in half. Two more matches. So far, my team won all their matches. We could afford to lose the next match, but I prefer not to. I am still questioning the fact that Reo is also here. I wonder if he figured it out. If not, I will just take him.

The presence of Reo, a player whose skills closely mirrored their Uncle Kise's, intrigued them. They had long recognized Reo's potential, yet his sudden interest in soccer remained a mystery. Perhaps there was more to his story than met the eye. They wonder what had changed in the teen to finally make him interested in something.

Taking another sip of water, [Name] turned their gaze towards Hyoma, who stood guard in the goalpost with a determined expression etched on his features. Despite their growing disinterest in the teen, a lingering sense of obligation held them back from completely giving up on him. They knew they had to give it one final shot.

With the upcoming match against Team W looming ahead, [Name] saw it as the perfect opportunity for Hyoma to break free from the shackles that bound him. They had already scouted out the competition and knew this was the time for the male to finally decide his fate. If Hyoma could rise to the occasion, he could prove himself and find his place in the team. And more importantly, become one of theirs like Meguru and slowly Rensuke.

However, if he chose to remain trapped in his own doubts and fears, [Name] had no intention of extending a lifeline. They were tired of waiting for him to acknowledge his true feelings and take action. If Hyoma refused to seize this chance, [Name] was prepared to let him sink and fade into obscurity, never to resurface again.

Hyoma doesn't know it but he is lucky that they are willing to wait this long for him. He will know soon enough.

"Soon, Hyoma, soon." [Name] whispered as they placed their water bottle next to them, stretching their legs out.