never be like you

Reminder: [Name]'s last name is Isagi as they were adopted by Akashi and Kuroko, but kept a fake last name, so no one knows who their parents are. Now onto the story <3.
-------------

It was Naruhaya's turn upfront of the formation as it was 11 minutes into the second half of the game and the score is 2-1 in favor of Team Z.

"Let's do an all-out attack!" Naruhaya's voice echoed across the field as he charged forward, exuding confidence as it was his turn as forward. [Name], with a seemingly uninterested demeanor, was the one to kick off the play. Despite their reservations, they decided to play along, knowing Naruhaya's chances of scoring were slim.

As the ball soared towards Naruhaya, he skillfully maneuvered past the defenders. However, his progress was abruptly halted as a defender intercepted the ball with a deft header.

"Oh, no you don't!" The defender gloated, flashing a smirk.

"Yikes," [Name] remarked nonchalantly, their lack of concern evident.

"Nice!" The defender swiftly passed the ball to a teammate as Kuon and Raichi surged forward, eager to support the offensive push.

"Press them!" Kuon commanded with a grim expression, his focus on reclaiming possession.

"Get the ball back, damn it!" Raichi's frustration was palpable as he shouted, his determination fueling the team's pursuit of the ball.

Igarashi dashed forward, attempting to track the opponent's movement, but it was too late as the ball soared toward Niko's awaiting spot.

"It's all yours, Niko!" the call echoed across the field.

Niko's smirk widened as he positioned himself to receive the ball, but his anticipation was short-lived as [Name] effortlessly blocked the pass, their smile infuriating him.

"Don't think you'll get the ball that easily, Ikki," [Name] taunted, their use of his first name stoking Niko's irritation. He clenched his teeth, his ears tinged red, but he forced himself to focus on the game, pushing aside his annoyance...and other feelings for later.

Naruhaya, observing the exchange, surged forward into enemy territory, thinking that he would receive the ball from them.

"You're a pesky one, [Name]," Ikki remarked, employing their first name in return. Despite his attempt at retaliation, [Name] merely smirked, seemingly unfazed by the informal address. With a giggle, they darted forward, Igarashi close on their heels, ready to provide support if needed.

"Hey, Isagi! It's time to unleash your weapon! You can definitely net us another goal!" Igarashi's voice cut through the intensity of the match.

[Name] rolled their eyes at the familiar plea. Why does it always have to be me? Can't you guys step up for once? they thought to themselves, feeling the weight of responsibility on their shoulders. "Hold your ground, Igarashi. We'll stick with Naruhaya's strategy."

With a swift pass, they sent the ball flying to Gagamaru instead as he could gain the ball from them, who let out a determined breath as he bulldozed through the defenders, his strength making it look effortless. Igarashi watched them with a puzzled expression, clearly missing the bigger picture.

"Are you sure about this, Isagi?" he queried, uncertainty lacing his voice.

"Absolutely," they affirmed, their confidence unwavering as they maintained their pace with Ikki trailing close behind. Keeping a watchful eye on him was essential; they knew that if left to his own devices, he'd stir up trouble they couldn't afford.

Ikki's eyes flickered with a calculating gleam as he glanced over at them. "You all caught Ego's speech about 'unleashing your weapon,' didn't you?"

[Name] responded with a thoughtful hum, intrigued by Ikki's train of thought. "Indeed."